Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Finally a six button wireless PC gamepad

alcoatjez

I have two Logitech F710 gamepads to play on my HyperSpin setup, but I find it really annoying to play games that originally needed six buttons on a four button controller layout. For the games I play, this mainly goes for Sega Saturn and some Sega Genesis games.

I will probably buy a Bliss-Box soon since I have most consoles (and therefore controllers) physically, but I don't really like the idea of keeping all these controllers in my living room...

Today I came across the latest product from 8BitDo: http://www.8bitdo.com/m30/

It's essentially a wireless Sega Genesis replica, so I think it will be great for Genesis, Saturn. What I don't like is that it doesn't have an analog stick, so it really means I can't use it for all my systems.

What do you think? Would you buy it? Do you use another controller that has a six button layout AND perhaps an analog stick (or two)?

I bought the megadrive/genesis mod kit they sell before this was announced, works great, really clever idea to just replace the pcb.

Before that I used the mayflash usb adaptor which which also works well enough and also works with master system pads with some playing around.

I thought about the blissbox route, but really have most bases covered now with 8bitdo stuff, arcade sticks and ps4, xbox controllers etc. Really just need the adaptor for the n64 controllers now.

Nice to see someone finally making something with a modern feel will definitely keep an eye on this, hoping they learnt their lesson with the snes30 pro and it comes with no lag issues. 

I'm hoping they can give this controller a premium feel, otherwise will probably just stick with the original controllers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived