Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Split roms across hard drives

AnimalUK

I've got HS setup using Rocketlauncher on an external 8Tb drive (d:/)  and all seems to be working like it should and I want, BUT (always a but... :) ) I want to add a few more emulators/ROMs to the system but the original HD wont be large enough to complete what I want to add.  Can i put these additions on a separate drive (e:/) and nothing will be noticeable within HS or does everything have to be on one drive?

No problem in using 2 hard disks in RL, just add the paths in RocketLauncher for the roms and the emulators. Media stuff must obviously be in HS installation folder, you can't use 2 hard disk for HyperSpin.

I even use a ramdisk for .iso extraction on the fly to avoid to stress too much the HDs :)

You might want to look into using symlinks as this can also save you some storage.

"Systems" like Capcom Classics, Midway Classics, Irem Classics etc. are using Mame media. No need to have multiple copies of the same files in these Classics folders, that's where symlinks come in. 

I think ninja2bceen did a video about it on his planetgeekdom YouTube channel. 

Archived