Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

SNK Neo Geo CD - Working on Nvidia Shield TV ?

Creezz67

Hi all,

Has anyone got this loading through Hyperspin using RetroArch ?

Games load fine in RA, with bin/cue files, but I can't get it to load through Hyperspin.

I have all bios files etc and as I say it loads ok through RetroArch, am I missing something on the settings ?

Any info appreciated.

6 hours ago, cataclysm67 said:

Tried using mame core on RA 1.7.7 on NVIDIA SHIELD TV and no luck.

Do I need to do anything specific apart from using chd files ?

I even tried loading them via RA and they still don't load.

Yeah theres some guides over a RA forums iirc.

Rompath must end neocdz

Roms/neocdz

Chd files go ina folder name after the names inside the hash file.

Hash file goes in retroarch/system/mame/hash

Then create dummy/empty zip files named after the folders. Put the bios files inwith it all.

Launch the dummy zips the mame will go looking for the chd files automatically. You cant launch chd files directly

17 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Yeah theres some guides over a RA forums iirc.

Rompath must end neocdz

Roms/neocdz

Chd files go ina folder name after the names inside the hash file.

Hash file goes in retroarch/system/mame/hash

Then create dummy/empty zip files named after the folders. Put the bios files inwith it all.

Launch the dummy zips the mame will go looking for the chd files automatically. You cant launch chd files directly

Still no luck,

Have done everything above and it now tries to load saying loading complete, but then jumps out back to Hyperspin before it starts.

Can these roms be played from external hdd or do they need to go on internal ? I am using external.

Thanks

External should be fine. Most likely a bios issue.

See this for a more detailed guide. If its not working grab a new set of software list roms and software list machine/bios. And make sure everything is matching the neocdz.xml hash file for your dummy zips 

21 hours ago, thatman84 said:

External should be fine. Most likely a bios issue.

See this for a more detailed guide. If its not working grab a new set of software list roms and software list machine/bios. And make sure everything is matching the neocdz.xml hash file for your dummy zips 

Finally sorted it,  looks like I had the wrong bios files (even though the ones i had worked fine on PC for Neo Geo CD)

Thanks for your help.

Archived