Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Mupen64Plus-Next Retroarch core

Wandurlust

Hi all, It seems retroarch (at least on android) has removed their Mupen64plus core and replaced it with Mupen64plus-next. My hyperspin (Nvidia shield) won't launch N64 games anymore because it's trying to launch a core that no longer exist. I have tried editing my "Nintendo 64.ini" file with multiple variations to get the new core to launch, but I cannot get it to work. Anyone know the new core parameters off hand? I've searched quite a bit and am coming up empty.  Just to clarify I'm looking for the "Parameters =" line under the exe= that determines which core retro arch will use. I have confirmed manually loading the "Mupen64Plus-Next" core works with content. I just can't seem to get the command line correct to have it launch from hyperspin. Any help is appreciated thanks! I have already switched to it launching "Mupen64 FZ" in the meantime, but I prefer the launch coming from retroarch because FZ resumes mid-game where you left off when starting from hyperspin, and I prefer the WOW factor of games loading from the title screen.

On 11/14/2019 at 5:52 PM, Wandurlust said:

Hi all, It seems retroarch (at least on android) has removed their Mupen64plus core and replaced it with Mupen64plus-next. My hyperspin (Nvidia shield) won't launch N64 games anymore because it's trying to launch a core that no longer exist. I have tried editing my "Nintendo 64.ini" file with multiple variations to get the new core to launch, but I cannot get it to work. Anyone know the new core parameters off hand? I've searched quite a bit and am coming up empty.  Just to clarify I'm looking for the "Parameters =" line under the exe= that determines which core retro arch will use. I have confirmed manually loading the "Mupen64Plus-Next" core works with content. I just can't seem to get the command line correct to have it launch from hyperspin. Any help is appreciated thanks! I have already switched to it launching "Mupen64 FZ" in the meantime, but I prefer the launch coming from retroarch because FZ resumes mid-game where you left off when starting from hyperspin, and I prefer the WOW factor of games loading from the title screen.

Navigate the libretro buildbot website for arm v8 cores to find the exact name

• 3 months later...

Archived