Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How can I disable or bypass the genre button on certain systems?

Natdiamond

On Future pinball, or Daphne I just don't have the need for genres. But I do on my other emus. so I get the black screen can not find genres.xml. I tried making an empty genre.xml, but I'm not sure what code goes inside. If I leave it blank, the an empty black screen comes up and freezes HS. The wrong code, and then I get an error saying invalid xml or something. Can someone please paste the contents of a "Blank" Genre.xml that will send the system back to the emu's main wheel if the genre button is hit. Or perhaps explain how I can re-word the "cannot find Genres.xml" to something like "This system does not have genres".

The genre button is mapped in HyperHQ and blankets everything inside HS. As far as I know.

I made a genre.xml with this in it:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<menu>

<game name="All Games"/>

</menu>

then made an exact copy of my Future Pinball.xml and named it All Games.xml. That works, but that's a lame solution. And then I have a page with just "All Games" for every wheel. So when I select it, It shows me all my games again. But like I said that's kinda lame. How can I re word the error message?

Archived