Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Win10 Update broke Hyperspin??

fbiancol

Hi All,

I've had HS/Mame configured for a long time.  I was using HS with Mame168 last week, and it was running fine.

I noticed there was a Win10 update this week, and as of today HS will not launch....I click....I get the little spinning circle for a couple of seconds, then nothing.

Can't see it in Task Manager....even tried running it from command prompt...nothing....tried running as administrator....nothing....reboot...no change.

Is this just me, or is there a bigger issue at play here?  Any help is appreciated.

Thx
Fabio

Thanks for the quick reply.  I searched for SXS.DLL and found threads only from back in June.   Grabbed that SXS.DLL and tried it, but it didn't solve my issue.   As I wrote, my issue started this past week (December 2020), as I had it running last weekend.....if there is a newer thread, could someone point it out please?

Thanks in advance,

Fabio

• 3 weeks later...

Probably just have to reboot PC or something.

I wonder why people keep updating though? IMO you really do need a dedicated PC for this kind of setup. Not your everyday PC. The added benefit of this is that you do not even need AV. There's nothing in those updates that are going to help emulation. 99% of them are "security" updates for MS products that will not be used in our setup anyway. First thing I would do is turn off windows update. If your system "works" then it will work forever. Just something to think about.

Many Thanks Spawk.  I have rebooted the PC a few times but no luck. I held onto updating Windows for a while but then wanted to use an oculus rift S on my PC which i was having trouble with and was told to update my windows. I did that and it fixed the Oculus issue but now cant get Hyperspin to load since!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived