Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin choosing game issue

Firebat138

When I start HS, I can choose a system and then a game.. play... etc... escape...  then...  I cant choose another game at all.. hit enter or in my case Player 1 button..  nothing...  keyboard, joys etc.. same result...  Exit HS, then its fine.  Anyone ever see this?  Thanx in advance guys.  Cheers

Sounds like a classic "focus" issue. Next time try clicking with a mouse somewhere and see if the controls become responsive again.

RocketLauncher has a setting called "Restore FE and click" that may help if this is the situation.

think of it this way

Hyperspin is just a GUI ,  a pretty display that lists all your games 

Rocket Launcher :  Launches your games,  Closes your games.

if this is a hand me down system (you got it from someone else)   

you might be running  HyperLaunch2.0  or  (Hyperlaunch3.0  ----> renamed to Rocket launcher when it started supporting multiple  Front Ends)

Without Rocketlauncher  or an older version your Hyperspin set it will not launch any of your games.

oh ok, nope, I downloaded HS about 12 years ago lol.  Couple months ago I got the latest version and nothing works..  I mean it launches games and etc and then does that... Weird...  I didnt wanna have to set up something new I havent played with before...  but no worries...  But I see I cant even run the latest version because of an update or something ?  I love HS so im here for the long haul lol

Any links to remedy this would be great...  I dont mind trying Rocket Launcher

EDit...  Well  not an edit. lol    I just changed the setting from Hyperlaunch to Normal.  I am really only using it to play mame and dont have all the other emulators and files installed anymore..  I just got tired of using regular mame to launch games. lol  I have been out of the scene for a long time, but now im back.  I appreciate all your help and if Rocket Launcher is the new thing, im in

if you have a 12 year old set up then you are worse off,

you more then likely have Hyperlaunch1.0  in witch case you have to compile a new Hotkey based module  when ever you add  a new emulator.

I doubt their is more then a handful of people using this system.

If you open HyperHQ and change the launch option from  Hyperlaunch to Normal. 

The majority of emulators will not work. MAME is the exception to the rule given that its a command line emulator.

add something like this to a batch file and  a mame game will load

"mame.exe" "gamename"

the majority of emulators need scripted commands to load and to do a proper exit.  this is why you need  modules usedby RL or HL.

But if you are only using MAME ,  it looks like you solved your problem.

and FYI,  MAME and MESS have merged.  if you want to run other systems supported by (MESS) the new MAME.  Consider using that version of MAME.

Worse off . lol..  no way.. its better... 

Wait,...  Whats MESS...  omg I have been gone for a long time.

BTW..  Every thing works for what I need..  When people come over I just want it to run smooth like it use to

Archived