Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Dreamcast Error

Omrod83

Hi Spawk!

First of all, I really appreciate your input. However, the games will load only and play if I unzip the winrar file first and then load them on to the emulator. Also, I changed the plugin in rocket launcher to the "gpudx10" and it still doesn't work. There is a little asterik next to the plugin and when I hover over that it says that the "gpudx10" plugin will not work. So, how can I play them in HS?

Thanks

Hi, as you have been told before, try it first independent of RL, but my advice is that you do not complicate yourself, I definitely recommend that you use Redream or Flycast for Dreamcast, I use the first perfectly with the roms in CHD format, you will avoid yourself the previous decompression, and in any case, use demul for the roms of systems that do require its use such as Naomi or Atomiswave. Greetings

Hi, as you have been told before, try it first independent of RL, but my advice is that you do not complicate yourself, I definitely recommend that you use Redream or Flycast for Dreamcast, I use the first perfectly with the roms in CHD format, you will avoid yourself the previous decompression, and in any case, use demul for the roms of systems that do require its use such as Naomi or Atomiswave. Greetings

WinRar? If you must use compression, RL uses 7zip. You have 7zip set to "true" in RLUI?

I am with Mackano32 though, this is the "old" way of doing things when HDD space was expensive. I now only use compression that is usable directly by the emulator like CHD or CSO.

I have also moved more toward using RA whenever possible instead of individual emulators. So I am not sure about what settings are where in Demul itself. gpudx10 is only useful for Gaelco, gpudx11 is preferred otherwise. Is your video card so old it can't handle Direct X 11?

Bottom line is that if they run in Demul itself, then you just need to set the module in RLUI to use all the same settings.

Hello,

I am not sure what to do when you say "set the module in RLUI" to use all the same settings. I am very illiterate when it comes to setting this up. I need like a "dummy version" please. The only thing I know is that I currently have directx12 installed in my computer and my video card is a 1070ti. So, it should work.  Please show me how to set it up in steps so it works in HS.

Thanks

Also, I don't understand the syncovery and how it works. The video that is in the folder looks nothing like what I got on my end. Is there a walkthrough that someone can share or send me the instructions on how to do it?

Thanks

On 3/16/2021 at 5:48 PM, Omrod83 said:

Also, I don't understand the syncovery and how it works. The video that is in the folder looks nothing like what I got on my end. Is there a walkthrough that someone can share or send me the instructions on how to do it?

Thanks

HyperSpin does not use Syncovery.  But I'll be honest, it really sounds like you bought a drive from somewhere.  It is very difficult for us (random people on the internet who just happen to know a little bit about the software) to offer support to someone who knows nothing about the drive.  If you do not mind me asking, where did you buy this thing and do they not offer support?  Personally my bias would lead me to believe that they do not offer support which is yet another reason we hate drive sellers.

That being said however, what you have is not officially supported here.  When we offer support we are going to assume you set HyperSpin up yourself and expect that you can understand the directions or assistance we give at the level it is given.  I totally get that if you did not set the thing up you will have no idea what we are talking about... and that's kind of the point.

I bought the hyperspin 8tb drive at the hyperspin website and there is a folder that is called "syncovery" and it's part of the setup. I was trying to set it up when I get an error message. I reached out to the hyperspin team and they stated that I have to go to the forum website for help.

So this is a hard subject but I will try to be as clear as possible.  We are HyperSpin.  This is THE HyperSpin website, there is no other website and we NEVER sell content.  To be clear, what you have is not from us.  We didn't have anything to do with it.  Once again, We do not sell and do not support third party drives.  It is clearly discussed in the top left of the forum directory:

"

Beware of HyperSpin Scam Sites

We continue to get complaints from people who buy HyperSpin hard drives and set-ups that are upset because they don't work or don't receive promised support. To be clear, there is no one out there selling HyperSpin that is in any way affiliated with us. We urge all of our members to avoid these sites or sellers who pretend to be related to HyperSpin.  

Archived