Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperHQ not running for initial install

MPTech

I had HyperSpin running on my old system with Win7.  I upgraded my HDD and installed Win10 over the weekend and attempting to follow AV Archvist's How to Install HyperSpin and RocketLauncher video.

Unzipped Hyperspin and RocketLauncher and when I execute HyperHQ it looks like it's going to run (I get the timer Orb), then nothing.

Looking at Task Manager, nothing is running.

I turned Off  Real-Time Protection and set all of the folders as Exclusions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No that's all there is to it... you might want to reboot just to make the sxs.dll in the windows folder isn't still loaded/trying to be used???

Can't help much beyond that, I am still win7 here. Try the usual stuff: Turn AV right off just to make sure it's not the culprit, Run HS as Admin, run in Compatibility mode... I have never had to do these myself but reading other threads I have seen people claimed it helped them.

On 3/16/2021 at 3:25 AM, MPTech said:

ok........................

downloaded and copied it to my HyperSpin folder, double clicked HyperSpin,  no change. Nothing launches.

did I miss a step?

Also make sure your using the latest version on Hyperspin (hover over the exe to get the version) I was running an old one and the dll fix did not work until I swapped the exe. 

• 4 weeks later...

Did we get a solution to this? I had everything working great until this week when I swapped out my old HDD for a SSD.  I installed the latest version of Windows 10, and copied over all my folder tree. HyperHQ looks like it's going to launch, but nothing.  Hyperspin also won't launch, but if I look in the Task Manager afterwards, it says it's running. I downloaded the latest versions of HS and RL, but no change.

Fun times. Is this another Windows 10 update crash?

• 1 month later...

Archived