Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Remap i-pac buttons to not use "L.ALT" key? Possible?

ericlecarde

I know I am making this hard on myself but WTF.

All I need to do is assign a different key other than "L.ALT" to one of my cabinet buttons. Basically, every other time I press the button that's mapped to my "L.ALT" key it doesn't work. Its very strange to me that this is setup to use this key by default. The button is hardwired to the "P1 - SW 2" on the i-pac. I assume others have this issue but couldn't find any when I searched.

There must be a way within the i-pac software to change the "L.ALT" key to another key but I cant find it. Thanks if anyone can help.

I haven't had an issue with using this key. The other option is to switch it over to a open spot on the ipac board. I ended up doing that for pinball as one or two keys wouldn't work in the software when using buttons 7-8.

"I haven't had an issue with using this key. The other option is to switch it over to a open spot on the ipac board. I ended up doing that for pinball as one or two keys wouldn't work in the software when using buttons 7-8."

This possibility ran through my head. Thanks, Ill likely use this approach.

Winipac

View as table

Click button you want to reassign

Press key you want to use

Click program

This solution does assign a new key to the "P1 - SW 2" but when I press the button I have connected to the "P1 - SW 2" it still uses "L.ALT". I may just hard wire the connection to another spot on the board.

Ok, I see what is happening. When I am in the Win i-pac application and press any alt key, it highlights the window menu thus making it seem like the button isn't responding. Just like in Windows you press the alt key and it goes to the "File" menu at the left to corner of the open window. Wow, I sill cant believe this is one of the default buttons.

Ok, I see what is happening. When I am in the Win i-pac application and press any alt key, it highlights the window menu thus making it seem like the button isn't responding. Just like in Windows you press the alt key and it goes to the "File" menu at the left to corner of the open window. Wow, I sill cant believe this is one of the default buttons.

I have been working on a script to reprogram the IPac on a per game or per system basis. The thread is here:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?33190-IPAC-profiles-selection-with-HL-user-functions

There is also a thread on button mapping that compiles many emulators and tries to normalize all the controls and remove any special keys. Find it here:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?33038-Button-Mapping

Hope this helps out some.

Thanks,

Ron

This is the main and only reason I switched from a keyboard encoder to a USB joystick style encoder.

You open another can of worms when you do that; but you can use all the default keys for all your emulators with the use of a key-mapper program.

Archived