Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How do I customize Hyperspin with video, box art and nice wheels?

Kapotjes

Hi! I am hoping that someone can help me out, because I 've been looking on the internet and on this site for ages now and I cannot figure it out.

I already have all the video's, box art, etc. on my hard drive, but I have literally no clue how I can add these video's /art work and the nice wheel art to my HyperSpin.

It seems like a real simple thing to do, but I just don't get it. 

I tried to do this from within HyperHQ, but then I can only customize some fonts but not add specific video previews?

Can someone please help me out? 😄

Thanks in advance
Carlo

Inside the HS folder there is a folder called "Media".

Inside that are a bunch of folders named after each system.

Inside each of those there should be 4 more folders: Images, Sound, Theme, and Video.

Video goes in the "Video" folder.

Wheels go into a folder named "Wheel" inside the "Images" folder.

There is really no settings for it, just drop stuff in the appropriate folder named exactly like they are in the database (xml).

Thank you, Spawk!

Weird thing is that I have all these mediafiles in the right folders, but maybe something is wrong in the database? What should I look for in the database(s) to check exactly? (Which command lines, etc.)

I used to have everything working fine, but I am trying to copy things over to my new pc and things apparently don't work exactly as planned:-P

Another thing to mention is that not all video formats work. Even 2 files that are both MP4 and made with the same codec, one may work, the other not. Maybe the bitrate is too high on one? Not sure of the specifics but the bottom line is, videos that don't come from EmuMovies aren't guaranteed to work.

Check filenames first though, just open RLUI and run an "audit", it will display a list of every game in the xml.

Also, just to be clear, don't confuse the RL media folder and the HS media folder. Just saying, the folder structure is very similar but RL uses very different media for different purposes.

Boxart is handled by the system themes.

Inside the "Images" folder there are 4 folders named Artwork1, Artwork2, etc. Theme creators can specify which of those folders to use for Boxart, or Disks and Carts, Posters... 

Lots of boxes in the download section for each system.

I downloaded the videos from Emumovies.com and placed them in my Media\MAME\Video folder, and they still don't work.

I also have the HyperHQ video path set to the same folder.  However, HyperHQ specifically says FLV videos--and these are MP4 videos directly from Emumovies.

Any ideas what is broken?

Thanks!

Xml uses rom names, as does Emumovies.  I checked a few of them just to make sure, and they named match—and none of the videos are working, including the ones I specifically checked.

Is there anything anywhere else that needs to be configured?

If you are sure about the naming then it must be theme you are using. There really isn’t any configuration. You can change the location of videos in HQ but if you haven’t done that manually they should work in default location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like it was the theme.  In short, there wasn't one.  If I add a theme, the video shows inside the theme.

Is there any primer on themes and how they work?  I'm specifically interested in the xml file.

Thanks!

Archived