Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

AetherSX2 (Sony PS2) settings for android - NVIDIA SHIELD TV ?

Creezz67

This is now the holy grail of settings required for Hyperspin android for Sony Playstation 2 !

The emulator works very well on NVS and many other android phones etc, now all we need is the settings for the Sony Playstation 2.ini

Has anyone managed to get it working on their Hyperspin setup ?

If so, please could you post your settings.ini file HERE ?

Thanks in advance.

exe=xyz.aethersx2.android/xyz.aethersx2.android.EmulationActivity

parameters=bootPath

Here's the catch for my Shield TV external harddrive users though, your games have to be placed in a readable/writable location so that means they have to be placed in your NVIDIA_SHIELD folder which should be right in the root of your harddrive. My rompath is set up like so:

rompath=/storage/86B671FEB671EF55/NVIDIA_SHIELD/Sony PlayStation 2/roms/

so your set up will likely be:

rompath=/storage/whatever your drive is called/NVIDIA_SHIELD/where ever you choose to place your games folder

Placing games anywhere else besides that nvidia_shield folder on your external drive will always bring you to the "insert disk" screen when you try to launch any game from the wheel. With all of that though your games should launch from the wheel like your other systems, mines definetly do and I can't be any more happier to finally play ps2 on the ol' Shield.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sonkun said:

parameters=bootPath

Here's the catch for my Shield TV external harddrive users though, your games have to be placed in a readable/writable location so that means they have to be placed in your NVIDIA_SHIELD folder which should be right in the root of your harddrive. My rompath is set up like so:

rompath=/storage/whatever your drive is called/NVIDIA_SHIELD/where ever you choose to place your games folder

Placing games anywhere else besides that nvidia_shield folder on your external drive will always bring you to the "insert disk" screen when you try to launch any game from the wheel. With all of that though your games should launch from the wheel like your other systems, mines definetly do and I can't be any more happier to finally play ps2 on the ol' Shield.

Hi,

Thanks for info 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 8:31 PM, sanchezmike01 said:

Is there a compatibility list for games that work good on the shield ?...or is it hit or miss like gamecube 

Kind of hit and miss. Best thing about this emulator is that it's like Dolphin where you can long press on an individual game and create specific profile settings. With games I tried, one game may work 100 percent speed with certain overclock settings while those same settings will slow another game to a crawl, just gotta experiment with your games.

• 5 months later...
On 1/5/2022 at 6:00 PM, Creezz67 said:

This is now the holy grail of settings required for Hyperspin android for Sony Playstation 2 pixel art !

The emulator works very well on NVS and many other android phones etc, now all we need is the settings for the Sony Playstation 2.ini

Has anyone managed to get it working on their Hyperspin setup ?

If so, please could you post your settings.ini file HERE ?

Thanks in advance.

AetherSX2’s developer recommends that your phone have a Snapdragon 845-level processor or better. They specifically say that you’ll need four large CPU cores (Cortex-A75 or higher).

• 2 months later...
On 1/9/2022 at 3:06 AM, sonkun said:

parameters=bootPath

Hi I followed this, but it seems when I open the PS2 games from Hyperspin Wheel, it doesn't load the game...only black screen. I can run the same games if I open it directly from AestherSX2, I am on Nvidia Shield v9, any idea what's wrong?