Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperpin no longer works with the last Nvidia Shield Update

fred33

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 9:17 AM, mikty said:

Hi, stupid question but how do you update to the last beta apk?

Do you just sideload the apk on shield tv and install (overwrite)?

Is all previous folders and settings keep safe ?

Thanks for your advice

Regards

Hi you just have to delet the old apk and install the new one.

Mais attention, certain emulateurs ne se lancent plus en direct avec hyperspin pour l'instant.

Pour ma part j'ai du en remplacer plusieurs par des core retroarch en attendant.

• Super Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2022 at 5:02 AM, reznnate said:

I wish the retroarch MAME core was better on Shield, but it's buggy...   

Am working on SAF support but it will be a few weeks (I think) for an update.

I'll post the new beta here when it's ready.

Hi Reznnate, hope you'r fine

Any news about SAF support on hyperspin ?

• Super Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, can someone give me a TL;DR update of how the official Android version of HyperSpin stands at the moment?

1. Has support for SAF been implemented?
2. Is anything other than RetroArch working?
3. Did Reznnate publish the updated version of the APK to the Android store? (Or some other store?)

On 12/7/2022 at 4:22 PM, HyperSeeder said:

Hi guys, can someone give me a TL;DR update of how the official Android version of HyperSpin stands at the moment?

1. Has support for SAF been implemented?
2. Is anything other than RetroArch working?
3. Did Reznnate publish the updated version of the APK to the Android store? (Or some other store?)

Hi, 

For what i know :

1 . SAF are still not implemented

2 For me the only standalone emulators working with hyperspin are irata (atari jaguar), dolphin (wii and gamecube) and hatari (atari st) all the other i used to use like the .emu emulators (md, snes, pce etc...) and mame4droid still doesn't work with hyperspin

3. version of the apk on android store is the old one (not android 11 compatible) 

• Like 1

Thanks. So sounds like downgrading to Android 9 and using a modded APK is still the way to go if one really needs a working version of HyperSpin right now right?

For folks that have moved on, what are the best options ATM? Is ARC Browser still the best alternative or have other FES like Launchbox and Daijisho taken its crown?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 2:19 PM, HyperSeeder said:

Thanks. So sounds like downgrading to Android 9 and using a modded APK is still the way to go if one really needs a working version of HyperSpin right now right?

For folks that have moved on, what are the best options ATM? Is ARC Browser still the best alternative or have other FES like Launchbox and Daijisho taken its crown?

Somebody can explain the procedure to downgrade the nvidia shield?

On 12/23/2022 at 9:46 AM, spocry said:

Somebody can explain the procedure to downgrade the nvidia shield?

Have a look at this article and its respective video: https://piunikaweb.com/2022/02/17/heres-how-to-downgrade-shield-tv-to-android-9-after-android-11-update/

Warning, the procedures are very technical and cumbersome, it will delete your data, and it's somewhat easy to get it wrong. Don't forget to make a backup before attempting a downgrade.

after 1 year here is my conclusion

I decided to test launchbox and arc browser

launchbox is limited to 100 roms in free version, if you want more i think it's 50$ for android version and 75$ for pc version. exaggerated prices I find not to reach the level of a free hyperspin.

Arc browser uses a database instead of xml and its scrapping engine is not 100% ready and you will have to manually do all the roms that it will not have succeeded in identifying.

Compared to the hyperspin wheel system which gives flexibility, here there is no flexibility, just the rigidity of a database.

In addition, the system themes are just mp4 files, a pale copy of the hyperspin themes, so customization is not possible yourself compared to hyperspin, which offers hypertheme with which you can modify any theme at will or create one from scratch with disconcerting ease.

I'm not even talking about themes for games that don't exist Compared to hyperspin there is a gap especially when you think of all the themes for arcade games.

I hadn't realized it until now but hyperspin is by far the best front end, it's free and in addition it allows to have a common hyperspin system for windows and android machines on a shared nas.

and for me downgrading shield tv is a bad idea, an outdated system cannot survive, it must be kept up to date. It's a very bad choice.

So my conclusion is that this hyperspin SAF support update is absolutely necessary, because for me it will be hyperspin or nothing.

@reznnate you are our only hope, please can you give us news on the progress on the SAF support

Happy new year to you and all hyperspin guys

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

got everything working now with Android 11 and the beta2 with Retroarch.
only Dolphin and Redream wont start.
In Dolphin there's a message "Invalid Rom or is missing..."
I checked everything and it was okay.

Which Dolphin Version will be Compatible?

And Redream worked n the before's Build.
Now it stays black and returns to HS.

Something changed to Redream as well?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Just got an Nvidia shield today and noticed they have the ability to install emu's.

Will hyperspin work with the latest nvidia sheild?

If so does anyone have any links which show how you acheive this.

I love hyperspin and don't want to have to resort to lemuroid with no custom content e.g. System vids etc

Thanks to all involved with hyperspin.

regards

Wilko

On 7/25/2023 at 9:38 PM, HyperSeeder said:

Looks like Reznnate has published a custom package last Friday if anyone is still interested. I'm not sure if this is any different than the version in this thread, but it may be worth a try anyway.

Hi, for me it's the version we already have. 

Wi can find those information 

File Information

• Views215
  • Downloads28
  • SubmittedJuly 21
  • File Size17.59 MB
  • File Count
  • Credits
    Reznnate

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2023 at 1:17 PM, fred33 said:

Bonjour Fred,

Impossible d'installer retroarch plus sur la shield

*bon en vidant les dossiers de la précédente installation ça fonctionne*

Est ce que tu as une recommandation sur les versions .apk à installer qui fonctionne le mieux avec cette dernière version et une shield en Android 11 ? 

* la version 1.13.0 fonctionne bien avec les bios installés*

Je n'arrive toujours pas avec la dreamcast 😕

si quelqu'un à une astuce , je sèche

Merci

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...