Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Next project: The Cruis'n World 500!

Andyman

I totally agree! I replaced the original PS1 version on the Cruis'n World cabinet with it a couple of days ago. It is outstanding. Light-years better than the original due to the improved collision handling alone.

<minor rant> Programmers whose "solution" to 4:3 resolutions is just to force a letterbox onto their hard-coded 16:9 game can go play in traffic. 🤬 </minor rant>

(Looking at you, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing!)

The configuration fun continues... 😁

I realized yesterday that there's a slick way in HyperSpin to ensure a cabinet is always in playable condition on the software side. Simply set HyperHQ to display only games that have wheel images, then keep only the fully-configured games' wheels in the main folder, while keeping the unfinished games' wheels in a subfolder for easy relocation to the finished pile. You can leave everything else as-is. I've known about and used the display filters for a long time, but never used them like this. It really works great, and it's lots of fun to watch the wheel grow over time as it nears completion. 🤩

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andyman said:

Simply set HyperHQ to display only games that have wheel images

That's one of my favorite methods to use while I'm creating database/media for a new system.

I filter for just available roms + wheels.  I can keep viewing the Hyperspin wheel and easily focus on just the tested games and media I created.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I had some free time today, so I updated the default theme on my Cruis'n World cabinet to match the one I'm using in my Mortal Kombat II cabinet. Having the wheels spin horizontally at the top and then stay visible on-screen while the preview video plays really completes the look and ties everything together nicely. I opted for a darkened checkered flag background to be displayed during attract mode and when scrolling through the collection. I really like it. I've included the theme and MAME.ini for anyone that wants this look in their setup. Enjoy!

choroq.jpg

xenon.jpg

spin.jpg

Default.zip MAME.ini

Nice effect, thanks for the share ! Playing the videos full screen is also a good idea for this collection with games from so many different systems.

By the way, if you are willing to add some games to your setup, Xenia has made some good progress lately and along with X360CE the forza games could be playable with your cabinet :

• Super Like 1

I plan to revisit Xenia after I get everything fully configured that's on the cabinet now. Same with Xemu and RPCS3. I do have Forza Horizon 4 and 5 on it already, and they play fantastic - and look killer on the CRT too! 🤩

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1