The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Evolve or die

jcm9800

hy guys i was lurking at the game ex side and take a look of what is coming up at the

end of his video he says evolve or die i think anyone knows of what fe this is aiming.

what do you think? how will went away if the new game ex is better then hyperspin? and

let it die? i for myself wil stay because its not only the fe whats great on hyperspin

i like the people here too and the times when i search the forum and chat with guys like you all

I agree JCM, this is a great forum thanks to you all. It's also much more than just Hyperspin and more about Hyperlaunch/Sync/HQ and of course the multitude of emulators.

I'm pretty certain that Game Ex will be dissected here and people will ask for help here or at hyperlaunch.net.

Game Ex would have to be absolutely stunning for me to invest a load more time on it, I've reached a point where I just want to play some games. If it's easy to set up, cool.

It's feature list looks good, but really, it just another game/media launcher, but I'll wait until it's released to give proper judgment.

The "evolve or die" tag line must be aimed at themselves, we've had a evolution in the form of Hyperlaunch (also available for other frontends :) ), so with that in my mind, I'd say they had to make this new version or die out.

"I've reached a point where I just want to play some games"

I'm with you on this one. I'm sick of setting up hyperspin, especially harder for those of use who have widescreens. I'm tired of always having to adjust resolutions and play around with the themes and wheel art just to get the right aspect ratio. From what I've seen the only thing missing from GameEx is the ability to use wheel art.

I was hoping it would be released now. instead it's just an announcement of what we already expected. What a bummer!

HS has absolutely spoiled me. GameEX just looks like text in a list and I have yet to see anything that remotely looks interesting or that I'd want to look at for any amount of time. HS is old and has its problems but the setup time's been worth it when you see the end results. I just can't go back.

HS has absolutely spoiled me. GameEX just looks like text in a list and I have yet to see anything that remotely looks interesting or that I'd want to look at for any amount of time. HS is old and has its problems but the setup time's been worth it when you see the end results. I just can't go back.

Perfect.....couldn't have said it better.

I'm of the same mind. I'm sure there are limitations to Hyperspin, but for my purposes I haven't even come close to reaching them. And far from being a bother, it has been my pleasure to work on this setup. I think if I had gone to another front end first and it would have been easy to set up I would have probably lost interest by now, (and I'd still be completely computer illiterate). I hope Game Ex is awesome, but I see zero reasons to switch.

Archived