Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin has changed where to start?

speedfreak

Hello,

I have been about a year not using hyperspin. Now few days back i wanted to make my old Classics to work on hyperspin. Well the hyperspin has changed from that time and the HyperlaunchHQ is totally new to me.

How the hyperspin work nowadays?

Do i have to use the new HQ and what is it for?

Need some instructions. I have already tried to put some emulators and games working, but there is so much places what i need to modify and look.

I already thank people who are willing to help me to get back to the saddle :D

Welcome back Bro. Trust me the changes are much better and you will love them once you figure how they actually work. HLHQ takes all the messing around with codes and configs and replaces them with boxes and ticks.... much more friendly!

Once you have a system under your belt, you will be all over it in no time at all.

What a better place to start than with MAME.... the backbone...

If you have any problems give me a shout. Im no pro but I do have a fair few systems set up now. At least I could point you in the right direction :)

Good luck dude!

Thank you for linking Great setup guide for Hyperspin :D.

So i Started first by adding Sony Playstation emulator and games up and running. However I think my games do not match with the HyperLaunchHQ List. HQ Did not find any games (every game is red coloured).

What is the wisest solution to fix this?

And second queston i`d like to ask that what media folder i can place my boxart and videos for games? That they show on Hyperspin.

Third Queston is that now my Game folder name is Sony Playstation. Do i have to change the folder name to Roms folder?

Thanks for helping me to go this far already :D

If luck is on my side i can play my Classics tomorrow :D

Well here goes...

First Question... There could be a few reasons your not getting the fluffy green in the XML. Heres a few reasons...

-Make sure HLHQ is pointing towards them.

-Make sure the file format they are under (ISO,7z, etc) is correct in the global setings of the emulator.

-If all the above is correct, open the Database and see if they do match your filenames.

If they dont match you have 2 options. Rename the files to the same as database. This can be done with tools such as Dons renaming or fatmatch (Google). Or you could just download a new set with the correct naming. PD has a lovely set ready to role out :)

Second question.... Folders are in the Media Folder of your HS root directory. Go to Sony PlayStation folder and you will have "images". Next bit is personal but I like to add my Game covers to the art 3 folder and disks and cart to Art 4 folder. Your choice. I recommend getting a membership here as it does give you access to so much artwork you cant get without it. Getting full membership gives you the complete package with Hypersync downloading all art for you into the correct folders.

Third Question... No, again this is your choice as long as you point the HLHQ to that folder. I for example like to have my Roms outside of my HS setup in a floder named ROMS. Within this I have a folder for each system I have with all the roms within that.

Check out some more of the guides. Im sure theres one for PS1. Make sure its no more than a year old as the updates came in then and the old vids wont work with help.

Good luck!

Hi,

So i downloaded Dons Hyperspin tools, but now i have little problem using it. I like to try first renaming my PS1 games, because they showed red on HyperLaunchHQ. So i choose the Dons ROM Renamer. But i don´t understand that what purpose Output folder has. My games are in the source folder naturally, so what folder do i have to put for the Output??

I hope someone can explain me that.

Dons tools work on old school. You have to not only setup HyperLaunchHQ but also setup paths etc in HyperHQ. You can still have the Dot in HyperLaunch on HyperHQ but you need the settings ini to have the details and easy way to do that is with HyperHQ.

Oh and links in my signature. That most awesome video guide you watched comes from Gigapig here on the forums. :)

Say his name three times and you can usually shows up.

Hi,

What i did i just changed the game name manually. I just went to the game folder and renamed the bin and Cue file. And now the game shows green in the HyperLaunchHQ and it will launch. But now i hit with a problem. I Just installed DAEMONtools Lite and it should now be active for Hyperspin. However When i try to launch the game from hyperspin, i get this error message: DAEMONTOOLS was sent the extension "which is not a mountable file type"

And when i try to launch the game without Daemontools, I get only black screen with no music or picture, but the EPSXE is running.

Could someone help me to get it to work? :D

So Speedfreak, are your game images archived (zipped) if so, inside the archives they should be bin and cue.

In order for your Roms to show up as Green in HLHQ. the extension of your Roms should match what is set here (see below), and for me, it has to be the first in the list :dontknow:

post-9524-142870637992_thumb.jpg

If you want to avoid using DT Lite, why not give PCSXR a try.

AWWWW MAAN :D:D:D

What a small mistake i had :D GigaPig showed the exact way to write the extensions. Before the cue. i had small straight stripe. I deleted that stripe and now works like a charm. :D

But now i have to ask about the thing that now Daemontools is working propher way. When i start a game some kind of voice can be heard. and the CD will pop to the screen. I´m using Windows 8.1.

Is there a way to avoid that to happen?

But thank you all so much :D At least now it is working :D :D :D

Its the same things you had with the issue with the other thread I think. When you insert a disk you have something autostart. Mine is set to nothing so all I get is a box in the top right telling me I have a disk inserted. Im on windows 8.1 too and I could disable it. Thing is that it gives me a fuzzy feeling that I know things are working. Esp when it comes to Sega CD

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. :D

You know, i think i stick with that pop up. Austin is probably right. At least i know that things are working. :D

I am just thinking about the whole hyperspin package. Now that is working i am thinking, what would be the best way to keep the files well organized. I like to make hole package easy movable to other hard drives. If i put all the games to the Hyperspin root folder will it change anything?. And what about DAEMONtools? could i install it and just transfer it to other place?

I have been thinking a long time now that i would like to build a second computer just for the classics. So that´s why i´d like to make the package quite ready for that new PC.

I am not going to buy all the parts all time soon. I just moved away from my parents so money is the problem. But in the future i probably build another PC.

Until then i will use this PC to connect HDMI cable to the big TV and play.

But big thanks to all helpers :D

I am just thinking about the whole hyperspin package. Now that is working i am thinking, what would be the best way to keep the files well organized. I like to make hole package easy movable to other hard drives. If i put all the games to the Hyperspin root folder will it change anything?. And what about DAEMONtools? could i install it and just transfer it to other place?

Most rigs people make include a SSD drive which they use primarily for their HS, emulators, and artwork folders. Then they keep their video files external if the SSD is a small one. Personally my Rom files will be kept in folders named as per the wheels on separate drives. As some of these romsets can be quite large some may stretch over two locations unless you are as nutty as me and buy multiple 4TB drives.

Taking this sort of thing into consideration early in your build is a very good idea. :)

Archived