Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Question for DS4 and Wiimote folks

Runadumb

For my Hyperspin setup I use an HTPC in the living room. I use wired PS2 controllers and wireless 360 pads depending on system/game. I plan on getting 2 Q2Pro Arcade Sticks too but before that I was looking at a DualShock 4 as that could retire the 360 and PS2 pads in one swoop. So some questions

1) I know the DS4 and Wiimotes when setup are tied to a single BT dongle, which begs the question, can you run both on the same system using 2 BT dongles? Has anyone tried this? Would be a shame if Wii was forever ruled out if I went the DS4 route.

Wiimotes aren't much use for my HTPC right now as it just isn't powerful enough for Wii games so I use my main PC for them but that problem will go away during my next upgrade so I feel its worth asking now.

2) How far away are you when using the DS4? I'm a good 8 feet away and I worry I will suffer connection issues. Any experience with using it at a distance?

Thanks

It could also be the game. I played Mario Galaxy with no problems but Donkey Kong kept disconnecting the wiimote every couple of minutes. Drove me round the bend so I gave up on that game. Things might be better now though, Dolphin move so fast.

If you got it to work at all and DS4's that is promising.

Is that you using 2 different BT chips? Build in for wii and dongle one for DS4?

Oh. I've heard people saying the DS4 wrapper locks the BT stack to that specific BT adapter making it useless for anything else. I'm surprised your Wiimote connected at all.

This is what I'm trying to figure out, can both be run from the same system if you use 2 different BT chips.

It could also be the game. I played Mario Galaxy with no problems but Donkey Kong kept disconnecting the wiimote every couple of minutes. Drove me round the bend so I gave up on that game. Things might be better now though, Dolphin move so fast.

If you got it to work at all and DS4's that is promising.

Is that you using 2 different BT chips? Build in for wii and dongle one for DS4?

Not to go off topic, but disabling "enable speaker data" in Dolphin remedies that disconnecting every few minutes issue with games.

DS4 works out of the box with BT? I didn't know that. I am guessing people are installing the wrappers to emulate 360 pads then?

@Trnazaddict yeah I read about that and it helped with some games but not all, in my experience. Donkey Kong was the only game I tried that flatout failed to hold a connection but I haven't tried it in months.

Archived