Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

question for the mods/admins

craiganderson

Hello,

I'm getting real close to finishing and thus releasing (if anybody wants it :rofl:) my work on SHarp X68000.

It pretty much gets rid of multiple disk games for all of the "good games" and many more besides those as well.

I've recorded tons of additional videos and wheels etc.....I think about 550 games so far.

Anyway....in order to avoid multiple disk games I have been using games off of these HDS compliation disks from another forum.

They normally load via a dos type menu so in order to avoid the dos type menu i am loading the games via "save states (XM6)" files ...works like a charm..one click...boom ....right to the game...no swapping disks...

Because of this there are additional files (the save states) that I have already named and they are already linked to the correct position on the hard disk HDS compilation etc.

I have also matched video names and wheel names to these new files etc..

Anyway.....here is my question: WHen I go to share this the easiest way for people to set this up will just to get a copy of my files (already named to match etc).

I will be glad to share (not on here but somewhere else obviously)

video files

wheel files

rom files

etc

but these are going to contain a mix of mine and others work (emumovies, gamesmame, dougan etc)

You guys alright with me having a mediafire link or something to ALL of the wheels and videos I have (already named for my system).....even though they will contain other folks work (emumovies etc)/.....

if not....i dont know how else to share this

its a cool system

(ps its not like im selling the stuff or something, just wanna be able to share)

thanks

craig

I'm not the person to give a clear answer, but I can only imagine that if you want to share/link to other peoples work like emumovies vids, you'll need to have permission of said people.

I mean, I've been asked for my move list icons contained in HyperPause by another frond-end in a polite manner and I didn't mind and gave permission. Now it's nice they're enjoyed by more people. Were they just to rip it and use it without asking, I'd be very pissed off indeed.

So basically if you have their permission for other ppls work, cool to share in your package (though I can't really comment on your way of distribution) If not, there is just no place here.

(personally I think it would be alright to share it via a link and get somebody with no data cap to add it to the ftp, the main thing of not linking to other places is that we don't have the content here i.e. it can vanish very easily)

i am currently uploading my renamed videos to the emumovies ftp

but considering that folders keep getting erased

does anybody have a problem with me also having the videos (some mine, some renamed from emumovies) being available on a mega download link as well?

..(on my little website, not here)

....although HERE would be even better in my opinion

I cant possibly see any logical reason to not do that as well

more people can use them

more fun for all

im not making any money on this or anything

just trying to share my little contribution

thanks

Now that people are setting up this system (http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?30199-Unofficial-Sharp-68000-wheels/page35), I have folks [nobody in that thread by the way] emailing me asking for the renamed videos to be shared via a download link because they cannot afford to join emumovies.

I would like to be able to share these. That is the point of a "community" right? To share stuff. Help people. Increase enjoyment etc?

Some of us are lucky in that paying to join websites is NOT an expense that we cannot afford. But that is not true for everybody.

I have messaged the creator of the videos in an effort to ask permission to share them, but unfortunately I have not heard back from him as of yet.

No biggie. He probably has "real life" going on.....

Advice?

thanks

craig

Archived