Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

CP-1 Custom Space Sim Seat

ericleroi

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

I cant wait to see this thing in action.

Me too! I built this with VR in mind though and will be waiting for a consumer version of one of the current headsets to become available - I'll decide on which one when they start to appear.

Sweet, excited to see you picking this back up.

Thanks! This project got a brief mention in the Elite Dangerous newsletter and that shamed me into picking this up again :)

I've made the rubber inlays for these panels:

Backing board:

Backers_zpsaopxopuc.jpg

Ribded rubber sheet cut to size and stuck to the backing board:

BackerRubber_zps7x33yuqe.jpg

Inserted into the panel:

InlayIn_zpsmpystb0q.jpg

RubberIn_zpsvuyerozu.jpg

Close up:

RubberInClose_zpsumtkqd9m.jpg

I still have to cut the window into the inside 12mm panel.

Edit: Done for today. I have some time free time tomorrow so will continue then.

dude you should finish this guy up and send the work log to the guys at Node gaming.  they've been playing the hell out of ED, they might just contract you out for one.

I may just do that Hazzard but by the time I've finished it, we'll be onto the next release of Elite :)

I cut the fiddly bits to complete the basic heeadrest shell. I will still need to make some internal bracing sections for these to help keep the shape together.

Flat sections:

AngledBits_zpsl2th1kn3.jpg

In position:

AngledBits2_zpsdewjjcs0.jpg

Side on:

AngledBits3_zpssqphxzda.jpg

I will probably get this headrest part of the build completely finished before starting anything else.

Archived