The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

I believe my ISP is Blocking my Access to hyperspin-fe and emumovies

Xtra9268

My ISP is Consolidated Communications.

This started today. I don't know what's happened but my access to this site and emumovies is dead. I'm only able to access either through a proxy bypass website or Hola (A Chrome plugin that acts like a proxy bypass). I confirmed I don't have any blocked sites or restrictions in my Linksys router. I have BlueCoat but that's set to Monitor which is the same as turning it off. I can confirm it's my ISP because my iphone using my AT&T data plan can access both sites with no problems.

Anyone else having similar experiences?

Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity. :) Can you try a direct ftp to 173.214.165.131 in stead of files.hyperspin-fe.com? Perhaps your provider just has a DNS problem at the moment?

I can confirm I can connect to Hyperspin's FTPs using files.hyperspin-fe.com and EmuMovies using files.emumovies.com. Just cannot connect to either sites without the assistance of a proxy bypass web site or browser plugin.

So my ISP isn't blocking me? DNS problems? Do I need to flush DNS? The reason I ask if I need to flush DNS is the problem is happening on ALL computers connected to the Linksys router; the router is connecting to the wall outlet which is going out to the ISP.

Well, for the moment we don't have enough information to know whether your ISP is blocking you, but it seems like a strange set of sites to block. Whether you have a DNS problem can easily be checked by using the IP address I mentioned above in stead of the name. If the IP address works, it's a DNS problem. Since I don't know how you set up your network, I don't know how your DNS requests are handled at the moment, nor what might help solve the problem.

• 1 month later...

You could do a quick check by using Google's public DNS: 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. You can enter those in your computer's IP settings or your router's IP settings. If it works with that, you should contact your ISP, and have them update their tables. Your router probably simply forwards all requests to one of their servers.

Thanks guys,

tried both of those - currently on google DNS settings AND used ccleaner but i still cannot connect to Hyperspin-fe.com or Emumovies.com without using a VPN.

Any admins out there who could possibly help?

i would love to get off this VPN as it charges by the Mb ;-(

Have you tried using the IP addresses in stead of the names? If you need them, just give me the full names of the sites you're trying to connect to, and I'll give you the IP addresses that I'm using.

thanks mate, the 2 sites i cant connect to are hyperspin-fe.com and emumovies.com can you send me the IPs and i'll try that.

also- i think i have changed my routers DNS, in the router home page it lists the primary DNS as 8.8.8.8 secondary as 8.8.4.4.

That's interesting...:

hyperspin-fe.com has address 209.159.145.144

emumovies.com has address 209.159.145.144

Seems they're both hosted on the same IP address.

thanks, tried the IP address, still cant connect.

i guess that explains why it is only these 2 sites i cant get connected to as they have the same address but any idea how i resolve this?

i am finally making progress setting up Hyperspin and i NEED easy access to solve a few problems.

thanks

It seems to be a problem caused by the combination of a reverse proxy (to handle both websites at the same IP address) in combination with DNS. You might want to contact your ISP, and ask them to help you solve this riddle (after setting back your original DNS settings of course). I'm afraid this goes slightly beyond my knowledge.

Archived