Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

hard disk failure,everithing lost.

martijnoss

hello

I am having a big problem,my hard disk failure and new I am lost all my hyperspin files.

is there a way to get them complete,from usenet or something.

it take me a long time to complete everything manual.

so can someone help me or is there a easy download solution.

HS and HL you can get again and setup. For the games however make sure you continue that conversation in the gold section.

Have you tried to recover the hard drive at all? What type of failure did you experience?

yes I have tried everything,it was an old hard drive.

if I goes gold or platinum member you think I can get there the files and everything

because then I gonne be gold member orr platinum straight away.

Getting a subscription would enable you to get the artwork and videos again fairly quickly. Games would take a little more time, but shouldn't be to bad. HL has had a pretty big update recently so worth it as you'd be getting that too.

I'll bet $10 it was a Toshiba drive. Literally 90% of the time I've had to to replace a HDD, it's been a failed Toshiba. Also THK is right - you must do backups! They will make your life ten times easier when a drive inevitably fails. There are many different automatic backup solutions. I use Cygwin + rsync to another machine. If you don't want anything fancy you can always just do a copy-paste every once in a while. Do a Google!

Sorry to say but short of HyperSync, there isn't an easy one-click solution to your problem. If you need any specific files, I would be glad to contribute (just don't ask me to upload any PS1 games lol).

I do the clunky way of backing up by pasting and replacing to my Synology network drive like once a week since I'm always working on stuff and updating. So after you get everything set up again, which you're gonna have to do a lot of manual work: get yourself a decent NAS or external drive enclosure plus a reliable HDD like a Western Digital Red. They work perfectly for backup storage (even streaming videos too) and are very reliable.

Archived