Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperLaunch cant find ini file when i test my emulator

wardiz

Im trying to get hyperlaunch to work properly, ive followed all the steps to set it up, my mame emulator works fine with it, but my nes emulator "fceux" wont load up , i think ive set it up properly but every time i test it in hyperlaunch it says

Cannot find D:\hyperspin\settings\fceux r2263.ini can any body help me with this ? thanks.

The module has to be named the same as the system name:

Nintendo Entertainment System.ahk

Then HS will look for:

Nintendo Entertainment System.ini

not

fceux r2263.ini

Also in your main menu.xml you shoild have an entry for:

Nintendo Entertainment System

not

fceux r2263

• 2 years later...
The module has to be named the same as the system name:

Nintendo Entertainment System.ahk

Then HS will look for:

Nintendo Entertainment System.ini

not

fceux r2263.ini

Also in your main menu.xml you shoild have an entry for:

Nintendo Entertainment System

not

fceux r2263

I am having the same problem. Please forgive my ignorance, but how do you make sure the module is named the same as the system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I am having the same problem. Please forgive my ignorance, but how do you make sure the module is named the same as the system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

For all the official names, look in ...\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch\HyperLaunchHQ\Media\Icons

Thanks,

Ron

For all the official names, look in ...\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch\HyperLaunchHQ\Media\Icons

Thanks for the fast response. I'm having this problem with three systems (Game Boy, Game Boy Colour, and Game Boy Advance). They are all named the same as in the folder you mentioned. And yet, the problem persists, alas.

I have this problem with DICE. I just so happened to be messing around last night, and I noticed there are still inis in the settings folder in the main hyperspin directory. I also noticed I didn't have a DICE ini in there. In truth, I'm not sure if with the new hyperlaunch that folder even matters, but tonight I was going to try duplicating one of the other inis in there and then just naming it DICE to see if it fixed the error. IF you're at your computer, Ron, could you try that?

Edit: you may have to open the ini and set the right paths etc within the ini, but just having one in there might get rid of that particular error even if you get another one. I don't know where the hell that dice ini went in my case. I certainly didn't delete it intentionally.

Edit edit: I just noticed that all of those systems are named wrong for you, Ron. Look at the icons folder as directed above again. They should be named like Nintendo Game Boy, Nintendo Game Boy Color, Nintendo Game Boy Advance (I think, double check me). You'll have to go into HyperHQ and make new systems for each, and delete those.

I have this problem with DICE. I just so happened to be messing around last night, and I noticed there are still inis in the settings folder in the main hyperspin directory. I also noticed I didn't have a DICE ini in there. In truth, I'm not sure if with the new hyperlaunch that folder even matters, but tonight I was going to try duplicating one of the other inis in there and then just naming it DICE to see if it fixed the error. IF you're at your computer, Ron, could you try that?

Edit: you may have to open the ini and set the right paths etc within the ini, but just having one in there might get rid of that particular error even if you get another one. I don't know where the hell that dice ini went in my case. I certainly didn't delete it intentionally.

Edit edit: I just noticed that all of those systems are named wrong for you, Ron. Look at the icons folder as directed above again. They should be named like Nintendo Game Boy, Nintendo Game Boy Color, Nintendo Game Boy Advance (I think, double check me). You'll have to go into HyperHQ and make new systems for each, and delete those.

There are ini files for Nintendo Game Boy, Nintendo Game Boy Color, and Nintendo Game Boy Advance in the HyperSpin/Settings folder.

What do you mean "set the right paths etc within the ini"?

I think the systems are named correctly (Nintendo Game Boy, Nintendo Game Boy Color, and Nintendo Game Boy Advance). The symbol for each system shows up next to each name in HyperLaunch HQ. This wouldn't happen if they were named incorrectly, or would it?

I added these systems the same way that I added others. I'm not sure why I'm having this issue.

I very much appreciate everyone's ongoing support :) HyperSpin is insanely awesome! I'd love to get it up and working for all my systems.

You are using HyperLaunchHQ to change things for each system aren't you? The post you are referencing is very old and back in the days where people had to manually edit stuff in INI files. Now we have HyperLaunchHQ and it does all the nasty work for us.

You are using HyperLaunchHQ to change things for each system aren't you? The post you are referencing is very old and back in the days where people had to manually edit stuff in INI files. Now we have HyperLaunchHQ and it does all the nasty work for us.

Yes, I used HyperHQ to add the systems, and configured them in HyperLaunchHQ.

Thanks for clarifying. I was unaware of the history and what things are/aren't relevant any more.

Everything has relevance just have to filter out the old practices that have changed now and if they are used have to be used wisely. Manual editing is fine but the GUI makes life so damn easy.

I actually find it strange that the Nintendo systems are giving you issues. For me they happened to just fall into place. The emulators do run outside of HyperLaunch? And you aren't turning on any fancy features such as HyperBezel support and stuff?

Everything has relevance just have to filter out the old practices that have changed now and if they are used have to be used wisely. Manual editing is fine but the GUI makes life so damn easy.

I actually find it strange that the Nintendo systems are giving you issues. For me they happened to just fall into place. The emulators do run outside of HyperLaunch? And you aren't turning on any fancy features such as HyperBezel support and stuff?

All sorted now.

HyperSpin was looking for vbam.ini whereas the file in the folder was named vba.ini. I simply renamed it, and it now launches. Too easy.

Thanks very much for your help rfancella, aletterfromthelostdays and Polemicist! I appreciate it :)

All sorted now.

HyperSpin was looking for vbam.ini whereas the file in the folder was named vba.ini. I simply renamed it, and it now launches. Too easy.

Thanks very much for your help rfancella, aletterfromthelostdays and Polemicist! I appreciate it :)

Hi,

The reason it was looking for that file is that VisualBoyAdvance (the emu you have) and VisualBoyAdvance-M (the emu the module is for) are two different emulators.

If you make any changes in the emu, you will have to delete the file and rename again.

Open up the module and there is a url for VBA-M in there.

Thanks,

Ron

• 9 months later...

Okay, I'm a little closer to solving this, but this is bugging me. Because I updated the name of my VisualBoyAdvance folder.

I can launch the emulator fine if I highlight my emulator and click "Launch Emulator" under the RL Emulator tab, but when I go to launch a game, RL continues to look for my emulator in the older named version of my folder.
I've deleted and re-added the emulator over and over. Does anyone know where I need to look to update the path?

10:35:07:779 | RL |     INFO  | +N/A   | Main - RocketLauncher v1.0.0.1 (www.rlauncher.com)
10:35:07:849 | RL |     INFO  | +62    | Main - System Specs:
					RocketLauncher Dir: H:\Program Files\Hyperspin\RocketLauncher
					RocketLauncher is: 32-bit
					SKU: Home Premium
					Total Memory: 16270.91 MB
					Free Memory: 10522.49 MB
					Used Memory: 5748.422 MB
					SystemType: 64-bit
					Physical Processors: 1
					Logical Processors: 8
					GPU 1 Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
					GPU 1 RAM: -1984.00 MB
					GPU 1 Driver Version: 9.17.10.2932
					GPU 2 Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
					GPU 2 RAM: 1536.00 MB
					GPU 2 Driver Version: 9.18.13.5286
					Sound 1 Device: Intel(R) Display Audio
					Sound 1 Status: Enabled
					Sound 2 Device: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
					Sound 2 Status: Enabled
					Sound 3 Device: NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
					Sound 3 Status: Enabled
					Sound 4 Device: Realtek High Definition Audio
					Sound 4 Status: Enabled
					OS Language: English_United_States
					OS Admin Status: No
					Monitor #1 (\\.\DISPLAY1): 1920x1080 (1920x1050 work)
					Monitor #2 (\\.\DISPLAY2): 1604x0 (1604x0 work)
					Monitor #1 Orientation: Landscape
					Current AHK Desktop Width: 1920
					Current AHK Desktop Height: 1080
					AutoHotkey Path: 
					AHK Version: 1.1.09.04
					Unicode: No
10:35:07:849 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | CheckFile - Checking if H:\Program Files\Hyperspin\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe exists
10:35:07:849 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | CheckFile - Checking if H:\Program Files\Hyperspin\RocketLauncher\Plugins\HyperSpin.plugin exists
10:35:07:849 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | Main - Loading Front End Plugin: "HyperSpin"
10:35:07:849 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | Main - RocketLauncher received "Nintendo Game Boy Color" and "007 - The World Is Not Enough (USA, Europe)"
10:35:07:849 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | Main - Did not find a "H:\Program Files\Hyperspin\RocketLauncher\Settings\Nintendo Game Boy Color\Game Options.ini" file, skipping any game-specific options.
10:35:07:849 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | Main - 007 - The World Is Not Enough (USA, Europe) is using the default emulator: VisualBoyAdvance-M
10:35:07:849 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | Main - Checking for a [VisualBoyAdvance-M] section in H:\Program Files\Hyperspin\RocketLauncher\Settings\Nintendo Game Boy Color\Emulators.ini
10:35:07:849 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | Main - Checking for a [VisualBoyAdvance-M] section in H:\Program Files\Hyperspin\RocketLauncher\Settings\Global Emulators.ini
10:35:07:849 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | Main - Found [VisualBoyAdvance-M] in H:\Program Files\Hyperspin\RocketLauncher\Settings\Global Emulators.ini
10:35:07:849 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | CheckFile - Checking if H:\Program Files\Hyperspin\RocketLauncher\Modules\VisualBoyAdvance-M\VisualBoyAdvance-M.ahk exists
10:35:07:859 | RL |     INFO  | +16    | Main - CRC Check - CRC matches, this is an official unedited module.
10:35:07:859 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | Main - 007 - The World Is Not Enough (USA, Europe) will use module: H:\Program Files\Hyperspin\RocketLauncher\Modules\VisualBoyAdvance-M\VisualBoyAdvance-M.ahk
10:35:07:859 | RL |  WARNING  | +0     | RIniLoadVar - Created missing System ini key: "Mode_Rotation_Angle" in section: "Settings" in "H:\Program Files\Hyperspin\RocketLauncher\Settings\Nintendo Game Boy Color\RocketLauncher.ini"
10:35:07:869 | RL |     INFO  | +15    | Main - Using standard method with "Rom Extension" SkipChecks or without any SkipChecks.
10:35:07:879 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | CheckFile - Checking if H:\Program Files\VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2\VisualBoyAdvance.exe exists
10:35:16:110 | RL |    ERROR  | +8237  | Could not find your emulator\application: "H:\Program Files\VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2\VisualBoyAdvance.exe"
10:35:16:110 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | ExitScript - Started
10:35:16:120 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | SystemCursor - Restoring mouse cursor
10:35:16:120 | RL |     INFO  | +0     | ExitScript - Ended

Nevermind.  I deleted and re-added the systems in RL.

In the GUI to add a new emulator, I named it, then clicked on the "+" to "Add new Emulator". I filled in all the fields (Name, Path, Rom Extensions, and then selected the appropriate Module). Inputted in the path to the Roms and tried to launch.

It worked. I am now officially up and running with everything on RL and it only took 48 hours. Sheesh.

There are lots of Wiki's out there, but you need at least 2-4 hours to sit down and read through it all before you start or you're bound to make a mistake along the way. And when your Hyperspin stops working after all the work you've put into it, the thought of ending it all does cross one's mind (kidding of course).  ;)

• 5 months later...

Well thanks to this post because I was just scratching my help trying to figure out why VBA-M worked perfectly outside of rocket launcher but when I tried to test it within rocket launcher.. I got the missing VBAM.ini error.... definitely thought about renaming the VBA.ini but seemed so simply that it was just a thought until I read this post. #thanx

Archived