The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Been out of the game need advice...

kcpinballfan

Hello all, long time lurker, here's a rundown on what I have. I built a mame cab back in 04, it has some really crappy pc in it that I'm gonna scrap. I'm keeping everything else in it but since I'm new to hyperspin I need a little guidance.

I don't want to get rid of this cab, it has a 27" wells gardner d9200 monitor in it. So right away I know it won't support the newest games. I need to build a Pc and I need some help from you experts on what all I need to get hyperspin running with this monitor then need a list of what emulators are ok for this monitor, max resolution is 800x600 optimal is 640x480. I was thinking I'd buy an arcade vga from ultimarc but I'm not sure if that limits the amount of emulators I can use even more?

So right now I'm shopping around for a pc and also looking at newegg but I haven't built a pc in years so I'm kind of lost. I want to build the most compatible budget pc that will run hyperspin just fine and all the lower res emulators. Let me know what you guys think, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks

Seems overkill to me. Most emulators only use one or two cores. Any Intel haswell dual core is plenty strong enough and economical.

g3258 $55-$65

lga 1150 motherboard $50

4 GB Memory $30

PSU cx430 $20 after rebate now and often

1tb hard drive $45

just add OS and a case if you dont want to have your computer attached to your cab

I run a very similar set up, minus the on board gfx. I run EVERYTHING very fast with just 8 gb of ram, so maybe dial that down and put the cash into a gfx card. I hear that some of the new radeon cards can push signals to old CRTs. theres a thread on the forums somewhere about it. or you can just buy the arcadeVGA5000 from ultimarc

list of emulators?

you might wan't to check the Build your own arcade controls forum,

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/

they have more info on arcade monitors.

that computer is a complete over kill for what you want,

the Intel on board graphics card will be a problem

the fix is here

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?22735-Hyperspin-Intel-HD4000-No-Videos

the arcade vga adapter may also solve the problem.

The Dreamcast, PS2, Wii, Taito Type X and other modern systems require more processor power (compared to Hyperspin) and a high end video card.

If you plan to run low end systems; you will not need that much computing power.

This is a build it yourself system at only $340 which it may be overkill for what I want the price seems good.

AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz Quad-Core APU with Radeon HD 7660D, ASUS A78M MOBO, HyperX Fury 8GB MEM, OCZ ARC 120GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB HDD, LOGISYS CS136BK Case with 480W PSU

Archived