Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Compressed PS2 Isos (gz) and HLHQ

Aorin

This may be a dumb question, but has anyone considered just leaving your files uncompressed and just using the built in windows folder compression if the drive is formatted NTFS?  While you wont get the same amount of space freed up as 7zip, you will still save a bunch of space and have shorter load times than with 7zip.  Just an idea anyway.  Good luck.

I have not tested. I don't care about space. I mint my rom sets and throw them in a folder on my synology. The syno backs itself up to usb drive. My cab uses windows backup to the syno so I can just restore the whole thing as is. So I am sure based on my setup I am skewed. Was more or less curious. Thanks.

I still find that som gz load black screen or take longer to load..... Sometimes two mins. Iso are much faster.

The mechanics of Gzipped Isos works in a way that you first have to open GZ directly via emulator so it will create the temp index file it needs, once it creates this file, the next time you run that game it won't have to create this index again, so you'll be able to  run the games directly both through the emulator and via Hyperspin or RocketLauncherUI, just like a Iso.

Yeah, some games for PS2, like God of War are double layer DVDs and have 7,5 GB, it takes some time for the index creation. 

I don't have that much of PS2 titles I chose for my setup, but it did save lots of GBs with this method.

Can anyone make a batch program that I can have the emulator open all gzips one after the other to batch make that temp file it uses? I would but have zero programming skills )

Another thing I noticed is that if you turn FADE on to avoid the black screen it loads quickly but then goes to a black screen for some time.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone make a batch program that I can have the emulator open all gzips one after the other to batch make that temp file it uses? I would but have zero programming skills )

Another thing I noticed is that if you turn FADE on to avoid the black screen it loads quickly but then goes to a black screen for some time.

Yes, I'm working on this now. Right now, I have it created and working -- loads game, waits 5 minutes, closes emulator and loads next game. It might be possible to auto move to the next file, as soon as the temp file is created using WatchDirectory AHK functions, but that's beyond me

1. Copy the text below and paste it into a new text file

FileSelectFolder, WhichFolder  ; Ask the user to pick a folder.
Loop, %WhichFolder%\*.gz*
{
Run, PATH-TO-PCSX2\pcsx2.exe "%A_LoopFileFullPath%"
Sleep, 300000
Process, Close, pcsx2.exe
}
return

2. Replace PATH-TO-PCSX2 with your emulator directory path. 

3. Save As and change the extension to .ahk 

4. Run the AHK and point it to your PS2 rom directory with .gz files

Still a WIP, but if anyone has any improvements or issues, let me know

So I am running the batch program and it works great! Downfall is I ran it for a day and I am only at CU :( (I have a lot of ps2 games).. Does it have to run each game for 5 mins? or can it be reduced? 

Thanks for spending the time to make this.  Can I suggest that it be compiled and upload as a app?

I did read somewhere that I maybe did not need to edit my pcsx2 module and wondered can we re download just the module or ahk file?

You do not need to edit the module. 

You will need to rename your .iso.gz files to .gz and your .bin.gz files to .gz. I used Advanced Renamer to do this. 

You can edit the code I provided to convert faster -- by editing the milliseconds # -- however, you'd need to test to find out what # works for you. To figure that out, try launching the biggest game you have and time it in seconds from launch via emulator until the game starts. Then just add like 15% to that and convert to milliseconds. 

You do not need to edit the module. 

You will need to rename your .iso.gz files to .gz and your .bin.gz files to .gz. I used Advanced Renamer to do this. 

You can edit the code I provided to convert faster -- by editing the milliseconds # -- however, you'd need to test to find out what # works for you. To figure that out, try launching the biggest game you have and time it in seconds from launch via emulator until the game starts. Then just add like 15% to that and convert to milliseconds. 

Don't rename the tmp files. Don't touch them at all. Just leave them where they are. 

Rename the gzip files as described above

Oh ok my gz I already renamed in the past... I thought you wanted me to rename those files ur app makes. I didn't edit module I edited the time in ur batch but I don't think I added 15. If I didn't what would it do? I based my time on largest game as u said.. Added maybe 2 secs and converted to milliseconds.

I still have the same problem mentioned in the earlier posts. The emulated screen does NOT get focus through RL.

I already changed the module as mentioned in post #22 but to no effect.

Games run without problems when started through the emu alone but not with RL. Any ideas?

• 3 years later...

Archived