Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

What software to use for mapping keyboard to wireless xbox 360 controller

BladeZX

I have xpadder set to start with the computer.

I turn on my wireless 360 controller and start the game I am going to play and xpadder auto loads the profile. But xpadder is not seeing the controller. If I shutdown xpadder and restart it, then it sees the controller.

It just seems to miss the controller if xpadder starts before the controller is on.

I am new to xpadder so maybe I am doing something wrong.

Anyone else seeing this?

I have xpadder set to start with the computer.

I turn on my wireless 360 controller and start the game I am going to play and xpadder auto loads the profile. But xpadder is not seeing the controller. If I shutdown xpadder and restart it, then it sees the controller.

It just seems to miss the controller if xpadder starts before the controller is on.

I am new to xpadder so maybe I am doing something wrong.

Anyone else seeing this?

+1

• 2 years later...

I am in the process of building my HTPC/Hyperspin rig. Honestly I am a little amazed that the basic menu up/down enter/escape functionality with an xbox 360 (most common controller in the world) is not supported. It makes things much more difficult that it needs to be. Now I have to install a third party piece of software and worry about profiles for this and that? Most (all?) emulators handle the game pads just fine. This is such a trivial thing. I get that Hyperspin is free... but come on guys.

I know that you would expect it to be supported, but for some reason it's not, and I can live with that given that A. it's free B. it's amazing for being free!

Either do xpadder, or do pinnacle game profiler. I have a simple up, down, left, right, esc, and enter mapped to my xbox360 controller in pinnacle and bam, ready for action all the time.

I am also amazed that I have gotten responses already. I like the fact that this forum seems to be very active. I decided to go with Xpadder.... for the simple fact that it also simplifies the "exit emulator key" setup.

I recently started using AntiMicro after finding it while searching for a way to map the Guide button in Xpadder. It's really good! It includes most of the features Xpadder has, but also lets you map the Guide button on Xinput controllers. And it's free and open source! It looks like it's updated pretty frequently too.

clipboard-1ylu1p.png

This is my default profile for HTPC style mouse control. I have the Guide button (Home on my Wii U Pro controller) set so I can press it to switch to a mostly blank set. That way I can easily turn off the mouse controls when I play PC games so they don't interfere. On the blank set I still have a set selector on Select while held so I can change my PC's volume with the controller while in game, as well as control my music player. I have a similar setup in profiles for certain emulators that automatically enable when the emulator is in the foreground or fullscreen using Auto Profile.

clipboard-2evicl.png

If you use Auto Profile make sure you click Select and then checkmark Path and change the dropdown from Fullpath to Filename. Or just type in the .exe's filename (including extension) in the Application box. For some reason when I was using the Full Path for application detection it wasn't working, but just the filename works well. So far I've gotten it to detect all the programs shown in the shot above.

Just got it tonight, applied a simple navigation profile to all my usb controllers so that now I can navigate through hyperspin with any Player 1 controller from the different systems. PS1 controller, Gamecube controller, NES controller, etc., etc. Killer feature! It's so nice to be able to pick up any controller and be able to select games instead of always having to go back to the keyboard or the xbox controller. Thanks for mentioning this program!

Archived