Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

What software to use for mapping keyboard to wireless xbox 360 controller

BladeZX

I have a nuch of PC games that do not support the xbox 360 controller in the game. I DO NOT want to use the keyboard on my cabinet.

What software is the best to use to map the keyboard to the 360 controller and how exactly does it work within HS when running the game?

I have seen mention of Xpadder and Pinnacle Gamer Profiler. Maybe there is a better one.

Thanks for the help :)

Does xpadder let you create a profile for each game and then allow you to load that profile via a command line or something.

How does this work with HS and the modules?

Better than monkeying with the command line, you can set up automatic profile switching to load your profile when your game/app has focus (or is opened). So you can have multiple applications open and it will automatically switch profiles as you move between applications. I have a HyperSpin profile and a few profiles for the emulators that need them and Xpadder just switches to the emulators profile when it is opened, and then switches back to HyperSpin's when the emulator is closed.

Kind of lame he doesn't do a trial any more, but I couldn't recommend the software any higher. It is great with tons of options. Works with virtually any controller. And the software is still actively supported, with new features always in the works.

Is there a spot on the forum or the FTP for xpadder profiles?

I really want to start using my xbox 360 wireless controller for all consoles on my cabinet.

I collection of already made xpadder profiles for console systems could really be useful to others on the forum.

Why re-invent the wheel each time.

Thoughts?

I've been actually consiering the same thing. I feel like Xbox 360 and PS3 controllers are the most commonly used. I think I might put a bunch of emu settings file up along with the xpadder profiles so you don't even have to set your keymaps.

What I've done was set up some keyboard defaults, mapping out coin/select, start, d-pad, 8 buttons and a quit emulator (left stick press + right stick press) sequence for each player. Someone had suggested using a keyboard image to map out defaults with (does someone have a link to that thread?), so I went ahead and did that using the most restrictive emulator out there, SSF (doesn't allow any number keys or most symbols... pretty much just letters). It was hard, but I came up with something that works. I have those keys set as default and set them up with each emulator. At that point, I only need to set up a key profile in xpadder for emulators that need a different layout or have an analog stick (which I leave unassigned in xpadder and allow the emulator to deal with alone). There's also a few games that I like to change the button layout for, such as Killer Instinct Gold on N64 where I remap the C-stick buttons to make things a lot better for play on my 360 controller/arcade stick.

I wouldn't consider it "complete" or perfect in anyway but I could upload both the keyboard layout image with the keys color coded and the xpadder profiles I created to the FTP sometime tonight.

Okay, I just upped all my profiles under /Upload Here/Dr Money/Xpadder Profiles. They're all for Motioninjoy's PS3 default setup but I'll be going back through and editing accordingly. If anybody cares to move their layouts around for the Xbox 360 Controller please feel free to.

On all of the profiles I went through to make sure none of the keys mapped interfere with any of the functions of their emulators, so if you do edit some please try to use the same keys but moved around. I don't plan on doing any profiles for the systems that have analog joysticks because there's not really any satisfactory way to emulate that via Xpadder. I'll be going back through and editing/uploading as I go.

Archived