Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Half Top Bartop Arcade Build

tkropp17

Home depot sells plexi in sheets. Just go in there and ask them where their sheets of Acrylic are. They're usually on the very back wall near the lumber department.

You will have to cut the sheet to match the dimensions of your marquee or control panel. The easiest was is to get a flush trim bit for your router and use the straight edge of a board as your guide for the marquee. With the control panel it's much easier, as you can just use the control panel itself as your guide.

Need some help from some internet Guru's. The original screen I wanted was an Insignia 29" LCD, but they discontinued it this week!

http://www.insigniaproducts.com/products/televisions/NS-29L120A13.html

Best Buy Canada still has it. But Best Buy USA has replaced it with a TV/DVD combo and now charges $250 instead of $180.

(Canada site) http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/insignia-insignia-29-720p-60hz-lcd-hdtv-ns-29l120a13-ns-29l120a13/10206039.aspx?path=e9eb4cb3c27bec0ff7fe66804a46d0d5en02

Anyone have any ideas on how I can find this thing???

I saw the 32", it's a killer deal and a great idea but would mean a lot more work and extra unneeded money to be spent. Thanks for looking out!

I have a 24" that will go in as a temp until I find a good fit. Hopefully ill have some updates tomorrow.

Framed out for the sticks

[ATTACH]21908[/ATTACH]

New speakers. Anyone have experience with these?

[ATTACH]21909[/ATTACH]

I have the same ones in my cab...unfortunately, I hate them!! there are not enough lows and sound really bad when the volume is set on the higher end

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

post-37783-142870585429_thumb.jpg

post-37783-142870585431_thumb.jpg

post-37783-142870585433_thumb.jpg

I left the 29" tv power cord where I built the cab so my 24" is in its place right now. It sticks out bc it's LCD not LED. Marquee will be here soon and after I I mount the 29", ill place my plexi front on.

Any suggestions on how to frame out the plexi? Paint or black construction paper as a bezel?

• 2 weeks later...

I put a set of those in a cabinet I built for a friend. They sound just fine.

These are ARCADE games - and they came with the lowest quality piece of sh!t speakers and amplifiers known to man. The crappy sound quality you're hearing is the game, not the speakers. lol

Hell, the brand spanking new Stern pinball machines that cost around $7,000 still to this day come with complete sh!t speakers! (with the exception of AC/DC - the game designed for that game threw a fit and made Stern put in a much higher quality sound system - for obvious reasons.. hehe)

lol ya I hear ya. I think I have it sounding pretty solid at this point. The original speakers didn't have a power cord, they were that weak. The current ones are great, they kick and are plenty loud. I agree with you, you can spend a ton of money on great speakers, but the root of the problem is that these games never had 5.1 optical cable quality sound to begin with! But for $50, I'm very happy.

Archived