Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Setting up gun games?

AxelTerizaki

Guns on separate headers worked better for me, they are a royal pita to setup but worth it :)

I have the following systems working with aimtraks:

PS1

PS2

American Laser Games

Sega Model 2

Sega Model 3

PC Games

Naomi

Atomiswave

Mame

I should really setup my NES and SNES too :)

• 4 months later...

+1 on Aimtrak.  The recoil kit is great as well.  A bit tricky on calibration for me at times but they're awesome.

You can actually set a main "Gun Games" wheel and point to alternate emulators for non-mame games.  There's a module here with all of those alt emulators and light gun titles preconfigured.  It's really handy for quick access to gun games and even includes Nintendo VS cabinet Duck Hunt etc.

Where is this module?

• 1 month later...

Where is this module?

Sorry for the delay.

uh. Good question.  Loads of super helpful posts seem to have been eliminated since the forum changed to the new format.  Kinda sucks :/   I definitely grabbed the module somewhere here but I can't recall where.  I can share mine, but I've changed a lot of it to work with the stupid way I newbishly set up some emulators, not electing to import them into the global emulator menu.

• 4 weeks later...

@thomas3120

Thanks for sharing that picture of your monitor - looks like you have a great setup! I'm a relative noob here and I have an X-Arcade with 27" CRT. I'm struggling with how to connect the sensor bar. Are you saying I can use a BT dongle? How would that work? From my understanding the sensor bar needs to be physically connected to a powered USB port - is that incorrect?  

Thanks again!

Kris

Guns on separate headers worked better for me, they are a royal pita to setup but worth it :)

I have the following systems working with aimtraks:

PS2

How do you get PS2 to play with lightguns?

Have been trying to find forums relating to it, but they are all outdated.

I'm trying to get nuvee plugin to work with pcsx2. Is there another way (or emulator) to use?

• 10 months later...

So I finally got the power supply for the recoil. I plugged it in and nothing happens. I go into the aimtrak utility and adjust recoil options and click on the test button and still nothing happens. Do I need a special config utility or firmware for them to work? Is it my power cord? The power supply that I got from China (the one Andy recommends) didn't come with a power cord so I went to office max and bought one. Its 120v and I know the power supply is 100v-240v so I don't know if that makes a difference or has anything to do with why it's not working? Any help is much appreciated. I believe I have the latest aimtrak firmare (9.18). Thank you

I've pointed it at the screen but not sure if I've pointed it at the sensor bar directly (which is on top of the TV).  I'll try that.  I emailed Andy and he didn't mention that; just to point at the screen and the recoil should work.  Thanks

Oh I see, yes what Andy is said is also right. I mean the sensor bar must be able to see the gun, so you open up the ultimarc software and make sure you are getting a response on the test page. If you are and the AC adapter is definitely on then I don't know how to help sorry. I bought my guns pre assembled with recoil already in place and I experienced recoil not working if the guns weren't registering because I was too far from the sensor bar and screen.

Gotcha.  When you click on the recoil test button in the aimtrak utility application how does that work? Is the gun supposed to vibrate? What's supposed to happen when you test the recoil? What kind of response am I supposed to get?  The AC Adapter is on (has a green light lit) but no response from recoil.   Not sure how to make it register? I'll try getting closer next time to the screen and sensor bar.  Maybe I was just too far back? Thanks

I haven't had my guns set up for a while so I don't recall a test button in the software, I just had to literally pull the trigger on the gun. It's a solenoid so you hear a relatively loud click with a tiny bit of kickback, it's not like those old school gun games where the whole top part moves. Man if someone could sell a product like that I'd be buying!

Archived