Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

bezels for mame

fshgrind

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK so I now have a PSD Photoshop template that is perfectly centered 16:9. Slight curve matched to the Austin Classic Arcade bezel (props to the creator!). It also has secondary red layers to provide an overlap mask if needed. And I also cut and shopped the monitor trim from the Austin Classic Bezel (and removed the top/bottom bezel strips). This way it can be used if you like, or it can be hidden, but you can still use the outer screen overlay effects that it has, or you can simply not use it.

Anyway, it's exactly what I want. If anyone wants it let me know and I'll email it to you or something.

I also found out that these Bezel config files aren't needed. Everything seems to work, center and size perfectly without any config at all.

I also found out that these Bezel config files aren't needed. Everything seems to work, center and size perfectly without any config at all.

You should post it.

You were obviously lucky with your bezel not needing the ini file, I just dumped this into my 1942 folder and it's hardly centred.

post-2819-0-39471700-1432310814_thumb.jp

You should post it.

You were obviously lucky with your bezel not needing the ini file, I just dumped this into my 1942 folder and it's hardly centred.

attachicon.gif20150522170647.jpg

Weird. I didn't try just one. I tried about 12 completely different Bezels I made until I got the template just how I wanted it. None of them needed configs. Maybe I have a config in there that it defaults to and just didn't notice?

How would I post the PSD for my template? It doesn't belong in downloads, but we aren't supposed to link/post stuff in topics right?

Here's a screencap of it in-game. On my setup with no config at all it is perfectly aligned if you are using HLSL with the curved screen overlay built into MAME 160 (I don't have 161 to try). I have my pincushion setting at .02 (don't think that matters though). Anyway I'll add the PSD template file in a minute in case anyone might find it useful.

EDIT: OK, there's the PSD file so hopefully that let's you download it? That template has two bezel layers that can be used as masks and a 3rd which is that outer monitor edge like in my screenshot (which I didn't make, I just altered it). I should mention it's 1080

EDIT 2: Actually that frame looks better how he originally made it with the top/bottom bezel slivers so long as pincushion is set to one. I'll add that layer into the PSD as well and re-post the fixed version. I just need to give it some touch ups first.

Here is how it looks with the full frame layer, MAME set to pincushion .01. Lines up perfectly on mine although depending on your monitors true res you may need to adjust a bit. Pincushion .02 looks good as well it just isn't pixel perfect to the edge, but leaves a bit of black screen border.

It could probably use a bit more polish, but if anyone wants feel free to use it, change it whatever. Hopefully someone finds it useful.

Photoshop Template.

Mask Layers, Side Layers, Frame Layers, Full Frame Layer, Background for contrast (Delete/Hide Background before saving your bezel or it will hide the game)

• 3 weeks later...

The bezel ini file is required for any RocketLauncher bezel.

If it is not found, an ini file will be created with coordinates assuming that you want to display your game in full screen. That is probably the case, but your bezel will not work on any other monitor resolution if you don't update the coordinates on the ini file properly.

The bezel ini file is required for any RocketLauncher bezel.

If it is not found, an ini file will be created with coordinates assuming that you want to display your game in full screen. That is probably the case, but your bezel will not work on any other monitor resolution if you don't update the coordinates on the ini file properly.

I don't know man. Here is my bezel folder and it doesn't contain a single .ini file and it didn't auto-create any, yet the bezels work perfectly, games run in 4:3 aspect as they should (not full-screen) and using my template the edges match to the pixel (like my pic below or those above). Maybe it isn't supposed to work that way, but it certainly seems to.

I don't know man. Here is my bezel folder and it doesn't contain a single .ini file and it didn't auto-create any, yet the bezels work perfectly, games run in 4:3 aspect as they should (not full-screen) and using my template the edges match to the pixel (like my pic below or those above). Maybe it isn't supposed to work that way, but it certainly seems to.

I am the one that did the entire bezels code, so when I said that, is because I know.

The file is not being written most probably because a permission issue, but as I said the bezel code is assuming that your bezels wants the emulator window to be resized to the entire screen. As some emus keep the aspect ratio, it looks like everything is set correctly if your bezels are made in the specific way that you did.

The problem is that in many cases this will not work well, for example, any user that does not have the same aspect ratio than you, or for any games that have different aspect ratios, or for any emu that stretch the games, or...

That is why the bezels should ALWAYS have the correspondent ini files together.

You are assuming an exception as the rule when you say that the bezels don't need the ini files.

• 3 weeks later...

I am the one that did the entire bezels code, so when I said that, is because I know.

The file is not being written most probably because a permission issue, but as I said the bezel code is assuming that your bezels wants the emulator window to be resized to the entire screen. As some emus keep the aspect ratio, it looks like everything is set correctly if your bezels are made in the specific way that you did.

The problem is that in many cases this will not work well, for example, any user that does not have the same aspect ratio than you, or for any games that have different aspect ratios, or for any emu that stretch the games, or...

That is why the bezels should ALWAYS have the correspondent ini files together.

You are assuming an exception as the rule when you say that the bezels don't need the ini files.

Hey Bleasby,

Can you tell me why these bezels work with RocketLauncher but not in Hyperspin. If people like me are using HS for a front end, than what is the point of them working in RL only.

Can you tell me why these bezels work with RocketLauncher but not in Hyperspin. If people like me are using HS for a front end, than what is the point of them working in RL only.

They work perfectly on HyperSpin also.

You most probably do not have HyperSpìn configured to launch RocketLauncher correctly.

Please check if your HyperHQ settings for the system thta you are testing follow what is written on step 3 of this page:

http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=HyperSpin

Also, take a fast look at your HyperSpin log (HyperSpin\log.txt) and check if it is launching RocketLauncher when you select a game. 

If you still have problems after checking that, create a post on the RocketLauncher forums (www.rlauncher.com) and include, after trying to run a game, the HyperSpin log (HyperSpin\log.txt), the RocketLauncher log (RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.log) and a screenshot of your settings for the system that you are testing on the HyperHQ app (HyperSpin\HyperHQ.exe).

Hey Bleasby,

To add to what bleasby has said. If you don't use RocketLauncher to launch your mame games and you don't want to use it then your alternative is to use Mames own bezels which you will have to download and set up in Mame.

They work perfectly on HyperSpin also.

You most probably do not have HyperSpìn configured to launch RocketLauncher correctly.

Please check if your HyperHQ settings for the system thta you are testing follow what is written on step 3 of this page:

http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=HyperSpin

Also, take a fast look at your HyperSpin log (HyperSpin\log.txt) and check if it is launching RocketLauncher when you select a game. 

If you still have problems after checking that, create a post on the RocketLauncher forums (www.rlauncher.com) and include, after trying to run a game, the HyperSpin log (HyperSpin\log.txt), the RocketLauncher log (RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.log) and a screenshot of your settings for the system that you are testing on the HyperHQ app (HyperSpin\HyperHQ.exe).

Thx Beasly. That fixed the problem. I just had downloaded HS 1.4 Beta 15 too.  

Part of my problem is I had "normal" execution in HyperHQ instead of "hyperlaunch". The reason is: after I launched a game in mame through HS and returned to the HS menu to pick another game, I couldn't pick another mame game. I couldn't figure out until recently. As you know HS runs the command hyperlaunch.exe plus rom name when starting your game right. Well after quiting the game I couldn't start another game because hyperlaunch.exe doesn't always close properly. I could still see it in the process page.  

Any reason why it usually doesn't quit properly. If it continues I will have to run the executable in normal mode.

If you use RocketLauncher, you will never have this closing problem and you will never have a hyperlaunch.exe process running.

Are you sure that you have RocketLauncher installed, also are you sure that you setup correctly the HyperHQ options?

For now on, create a post on the rlauncher.net forums and add your logs because without them it is very difficult to follow what could be wrong on your setup.

This discussion do not belong to this thread.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

All RocketLauncher media was moved over to the emumovies ftp perhaps to keep it separate from HyperSpin. They be turned into download packs eventually. :dontknow:

If you want the converted mame bezels for RL you can get them from the link on my YouTube channel on the bezel video.

Why in the world are they at Emumovies now?

That makes no sense at all to me...

Think about it just for one second before complaining.

If you use any other FrontEnd, why in the world you should pay for a HyperSpin membership in order to access files that have nothing to do with HyperSpin?

HyperSpin doesn't even know what bezels are. Bezels are a RocketLauncher only feature. 

Emumovies (like RocketLauncher) is FrontEnd independent. So it makes perfect sense to move things to emumovies instead in order to provide the best for all users.

Edit: By the way, it was the HyperSpin admins decision to remove RocketLauncher (RocketLauncher at the time) from here when it became FrontEnd independent. So it makes sense to move also the RocketLauncher only related media to somewhere else.

Archived