Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Artwork Exit Transitions

Unstupid

Can I put in a request to be able to control the Artwork Exit Transitions? We can control how they enter the screen but when you change the game/emulator you can't control how the artwork exits the screen. It seems pretty randonm how it does so too... Watch the marquee artwork in the botton right of the screen:

I'm no authority on this by a long shot, but while the animations/transitions of moving the artwork in is controlled on a per theme basis, I think the exit transitions are coded into HS and thus will be a lot harder to implement in adding them to themes. HyperSpin would probably need to be rewritten, as would HyperTheme.

correct me if I'm wrong

Though in the end, the more control over everything the better. As long as it works 'out of the box'.

I might add that I'd also like some additions to the current selection. Nothing wrong with the current ones, but we've had most of em for a long time now and with so many themes using the same animations it's nice to have some fresh ones amongst them (it's not like we're ever going to custom flash every theme separately, unless we find a way to clone mattedsmith :D)

• 3 months later...
I'm no authority on this by a long shot, but while the animations/transitions of moving the artwork in is controlled on a per theme basis, I think the exit transitions are coded into HS and thus will be a lot harder to implement in adding them to themes. HyperSpin would probably need to be rewritten, as would HyperTheme.

correct me if I'm wrong

Though in the end, the more control over everything the better. As long as it works 'out of the box'.

I might add that I'd also like some additions to the current selection. Nothing wrong with the current ones, but we've had most of em for a long time now and with so many themes using the same animations it's nice to have some fresh ones amongst them (it's not like we're ever going to custom flash every theme separately, unless we find a way to clone mattedsmith :D)

Oh man, that's a bummer..if I had to make one complain about Hyperspin (Aside from resolution limits) it would be the exits..it really makes making certain type animations in themes difficult because the exits really break the concepts (at least the ones I have and the OP here)

Sorry to necro a post, just spent tons time searching for this answer so figured a little bump might help someone else with same question :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived