Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Final Burn Alpha

Styphelus

Browsing through the latest databases and came across Final Burn Alpha with over 5000 games. Isn't this just an alternative to Mame, Neo Geo and Turbografx all rolled into one emulator?

Can someone shed some light into this system? Is there a need for it? Seems to me that it will just replicate all the games I already have.

I've heard in the past that there are some games that run better on it... I think NeoGeo was sited as one set that does, but I'm pretty much wondering the same thing. Is there any real benefit to having FBA as well?

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Final Burn Alpha runs capcom games neo geo and cave games better than Mame,it's also less CPU intensive..Mame goes for accuracy and doesn't usually make full use of current technologies,gpu etc...the downside of FBA is that it's only for certain games not the entire mame library,but most of the best mame games...they don't emulate Mortal Kombat,Killer Instinct..nor vector games...It's superior to mame in the same way that Demul is superior to mame,demul does Naomi games better than mame,FBA does capcom games and neo geo games far better than Mame

1 hour ago, zanzabarjones said:

I am honestly surprised there isn't more focus on FBA nor a proper wheel for it..Mame isn't as good when it comes to Capcom and Neo Geo games,and FBA does it all without using any CHD files

There is not a real need for it's own wheel. Just use FBA as an "alternate emulator" for whatever games you feel run better with it.

Archived