Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Dual Monitor Cab

I finally decided to post some photo of my dual monitor cabinet,

started to build around 1 years ago using some part of my first cab (this is my second work) and building from zero the other, but there is still a lot of work to do!

the main monitor is a 27" samsung, the upper screen it's a 25" LG ultrawide is used as "marquee monitor" .

All the button and joystick are RGB, decals are self drawed (by me) and printed on vinyl adesive.

Computer Spec:

Windows 7 x64 , Intel Core I3 3220T, Motherboard Asrock H77 PRO4-M, 8Gb RAM DDR3, AMD Radeon HD7750, 1Tb WD Blue HDD

here some fast (and old) photo of the cab and a little demostration of the LED + Marquee combination.

I will make some better photo when i get the inspiration :good:

1pbfpl.jpg

2gxpa46.jpg

oj2eeg.jpg

bx5hd.jpg

57 minutes ago, SamVSsami said:

Great Job, Your Cab looks great!!! One thing I would use a bigger monitor for this cab. The screen you are using now is to small (I think) :)

The entire cab is basically designed around the monitor, i have decided the width of the cab by the monitor width, and builted all the other things around it. changing it would require a lot of work

I'm used to having 22-24inch monitors, so a 27" screen for me look soo big...

• 2 weeks later...

Look good, so good for inspiration !  Me too I'm used for more big screen, I'm having right now a 27 inch 3:4 old TV.  But everything is related to personal background :) And the fun is to build something which make us happy !

I have a question.  Did you think to use your 27 in vertical orientation.  That was my though of my next cabinet. 

Another question about side artwork, is it you who make this ?  

yes i have made the side art, It is not as difficult as it seems,  selected the character, created a photoshop document with the exact measurements and printed adhesive vinyl, i drawed 2 or 3 version of the artwork , electronic, abstract... but this layout is what I liked most. i will make a google drive space in future, maybe i will make the PSD free for those who want it.

When I was still planning the cab i have thinked about a way to rotate the screen in vertical position for the game that require that layout, but i have no experience in that sector, it's a ttto much advanced electronic for me actually.

• 4 weeks later...

Rotating monitor will be very useful in case like this: 

new marquee configuration for flipper system (Future Pinball)

IMG_0376.JPG.cd94ca7bcc9d4a503f223e7df6a7167e.JPG

Builded a lower door with a real coin mech, i work well with 0.984" coin (50cent euro or a quarter  dollar) for some reason the mechanism are ""useless"" so it works with any coin :D

I made some mistake with the color (Buyied a much glossy color, i fix it with a spray color)  for the moment i leave it so, in future i probably wrap them with carbon look vinile

IMG_0367.JPG.874e742e70aa3da286af7dbeac4ae040.JPG

Some random photo! i seriously need some tips on how to take good photo :P

in the metal slug pictures you can see a sneak peek of my borderless bezel pack (link in signature)

IMG_0369.JPG.fc3fbd9e0404da98ae132186be2dea4a.JPGIMG_0370.JPG.42e4055de328d0d822e6b8f04f19b17c.JPGIMG_0373.JPG.6073f18b0df3eb0a8c6ea14a1a745110.JPG

• 1 year later...

thx thatman84! this is my second cab so i designed it to be more structurally stable and more cheaper as possible (but it's still a quite big expense)
here the new photo to show the new plexiglass monitor cover.

I was very happy to see that the IR sensor for the gun isn't blocked by the plexiglass. ?

N_1.JPG

N_2.JPG

N_3.JPG

N_4.JPG

N_5.JPG

Archived