Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin help.

Khanex

Hello.

I've been running hyperspin with rocketlauncher. I've been having so many issues from launching emulators with roms smoothly and also connecting my joystick control panel setup. I was wondering if hyperspin 1.4 is any better? Also how do I obtain a copy of hyperspin?

To get access to the beta you need to either wait until it is out of beta and released to everyone or become a platinum member to get access.

Whether it fixes your problems I don't know, you would need to explain you problems in more detail or start a thread for each issue you are having. You can also seek help at the RocketLauncher forum if you need help with that side of things.

How is 1.4? I heard its pretty stable. Also with arcade buttons and joysticks, is it easy to setup?

To become a platinum member its $50 correct? And its recommended to just use hyperspin with the built in hyperlauncher instead of the rocketlauncher right?

Thanks for your help btw.

Yes it's stable, controls are simple to set now that bug is fixed but you can use the start up script if you use 1.3 and a controller. 

What do you want set up, just mame or a bunch of systems?

I would not recommend using HyperLaunch 2 mainly due to lack of support, most of us use RL and know how it works.

All I wanted to do was make the computer launch into hyperspin with mame games working with the controller, and also have steam games hooked up. And no matter what game or system I pick, the arcade controller will work... 

I have hyperspin working with mame, but controller isnt working... Steam I cannot connect correctly...

You can however link the exe to BIG PICTURE mode is thats what you are asking.  Thats done in HyperHQ under PC games to make thing easier if you want it that way.  Yes, for a wheel of steam games more complicated and if your using RocketLauncher... problematic to say the least.

MAME and Hyperspin, should not be an issue at all

You can however link the exe to BIG PICTURE mode is thats what you are asking.  Thats done in HyperHQ under PC games to make thing easier if you want it that way.  Yes, for a wheel of steam games more complicated and if your using RocketLauncher... problematic to say the least.

MAME and Hyperspin, should not be an issue at all

Good point, that way you would not need RocketLauncher at all just the start up script.

• 3 weeks later...

Hellio. Thanks everyone for helping me. 

I'm still having issues launching and using the custom arcade controller in the emulators.

I am now using the start up script for the Launcher, but I need to be able to use the controller for Ultra Street Fighter 4 and Mame Street FIghter Games....

Any help would be great. 

Forget using a keymapper for mame. It doesn't work from my experience. Turn off keymapper support (joytokey.ini is always created if you use the joytokey program to setup controls).

You'll need to setup your controllers in mame by pressing the tab button in game.

Forget using a keymapper for mame. It doesn't work from my experience. Turn off keymapper support (joytokey.ini is always created if you use the joytokey program to setup controls).

You'll need to setup your controllers in mame by pressing the tab button in game.

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for bringing this back, but Im going absolutely insane here...

Ive got one HS/RL setup with JoToKey doing as it should, Im setting up a machine for a stand alone cab but it will not play ball! Fresh install of win7, new partion for HS/RL install and no matter what I do, I can not get JoyToKey to create the ini file on this one...have done everything the same and it's already caused me to smash a printer up in frustration!

Can anyone suggest what to do next? I've tried and tried to make the RL folder, hell the entire D drive not read only,  have taken ownership as *user/Admin* have tried changing it back to being owned by system, nothing works! Yu know that feeling where you want to curl up and cry like a baby? Yup, I'm there! Google is useless, keeps pointing me to the same posts, and all anyone can seem to suggest is, "make sure your folder isnt read only" NO SHIT SHERLOCK! That's what I need help with...it isn't working :'(

Heeeeeeelp! Please????

Archived