Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

TV / PC Power on at the same time

mixman

On past projects I have used the same button to turn on the PC and the TV at the same time. On this particular TV this doesn't work. I would rather not use 2 power buttons if I can help it and wondered if anyone has modded an arcade push button to operate 2 microswitches, or if a double pole micro switch exists?

It may be wise to isolate the two inputs (PC and TV) rather than putting them on the same poles of a microswitch, just to be on the safe side. My TV and backglass measured a little over 3v across the power switch of each, so I decided it best to keep them separated. The smart switch would work, or a cheaper alternative would just be to use a double pole relay and a standard arcade button/microswitch. Put the TV and PC on each pole of the relay and wire up the coil to activate on the button press. This way, each input is isolated on the relay and can not get any back-fed voltage from the other.

I also say smart strip, I got one in my arcade cabinet pc plugged into main then monitor speakers and marquee plugged into slave sockets when I hit one button that's wired to pc as soon as pc turns on all other things plugged in power up with it.

It seems my TV doesn't auto power on when power is re-applied, even though its not put on standby before it's turned off. I've opted to use 2 separate switches, I would have preferred one but it's not the end of the world.

On past projects I have used the same button to turn on the PC and the TV at the same time. On this particular TV this doesn't work. I would rather not use 2 power buttons if I can help it and wondered if anyone has modded an arcade push button to operate 2 microswitches, or if a double pole micro switch exists?
You could use one of these: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-2010A

post-57976-142870588842_thumb.jpg

Archived