Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Custom Items on Wheel

Ballardian

So I finally got setup with the kind help of Gigapig here, but there is one thing that I can't for the life of me figure out.

I'm only using 2 emulators (MAME + AAE) in a cocktail cab and what I'd like to do is:

Edit the Main wheel so instead of the huge list of emulators, it has custom categories.

ie. 2 Player CoOp Games, Spinner Games, etc.

BUT I'd like these categories to cover both MAME and AAE - so 'Spinner Games' might have Tempest (running on AAE) and also have Arkanoid (running on MAME).

IS this possible? 

Thanks guys!

Sorry mate, I'm a noob to all this - you did a bit of a fly-by:)

The only reason I have everything working is that I followed the guide on here...

Is there a tutorial anywhere that I can use? I've looked but can't find exactly what I'm after.

Thanks!

This would take some work, but it can be done.  I assume you're using Rocket Launcher.  I could be very wrong, but to me, the best way to do this:

1) Create several folders, each named for the custom system you want in the Main Menu wheel, i.e. '2 Player CoOp Games', 'Spinner Games', etc.

2) Populate each folder with the games for each category (drag and drop).

3) Download Hyper2XML and create a custom database for each folder. (http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/7383-hyperrom2xml/)

4) Add each category to Hyperspin as a new system.  Use the custom databases as  your XML.  Each category will now appear in Rocketlauncher as a system and should also appear in Hyperspin.  Point each system (category) in Rocketlauncher to the folder with your roms (created in step 1).

5) In Rocketlauncher, click the system name. On the GAMES tab, audit the system so all games appear as FOUND.  (Here's the pain in the ass).  Right click each game and select 'Launch With' and select the correct emulator (MAME or AAE in your case).

6) Test to see if the games launch and play in Hyperspin.

I'm a noob as well....but I have been dwelling on something that might work here.  Please shoot me down if I am totally wrong.

You could leave the roms and xml's alone.

Separate the wheels into custom categories.

Setup up each custom category as a system in RLUI; each setup with MAME and rom path to your MAME roms.

Then in HyperHQ set each system up normally, but check wheels only.

Then setup up the AAE games one at a time with the alternate emulator option in rlui.

Basically, filter the games by their wheels, leaving the roms and xml's alone.

Would this work?

At a high level, here's what you do...

1) Create a new wheel in HLHQ for each category you're after

• Folders will be created for each in your HS and RL directories
  • RLUI entries will be automatically created

2) In RLUI define a global emulator for MAME, and assign it to each new wheel; point your wheels at the same ROM folder containing all the ROMs you're looking at using

3) Using Don's Tools (my recommendation, though any other XML tool would work), create the HS database files for each category wheel. This will filter out the games you're not using.

I'm really tired, maybe this isn't making the most sense... let me know if this is confusing.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Unfortunately the HLSL in MAME hasn't yet caught up with the old AAE in my opinion, so I'll be using that for all vector games.

I don't mind putting a bit of time into this - I've only got about 70 games in all on the system.

I just want to do it in as straightforward a way as possible.

I'll try some of these and see how it works out.

Thanks again!

That is not what he is trying to do and is beyond anything he needs to accomplish what he wants.

You have not been reading the posts like in 99% of the threads I see you post in. Jump all over people for trying to help, while simultaneously contributing nothing...

He want's to combine all shooters into one list, all platforms into one list, etc. I knew that from skimming this thread for 10 seconds.

• 4 years later...
On 8/12/2015 at 9:14 PM, earthprime said:

This would take some work, but it can be done.  I assume you're using Rocket Launcher.  I could be very wrong, but to me, the best way to do this:

1) Create several folders, each named for the custom system you want in the Main Menu wheel, i.e. '2 Player CoOp Games', 'Spinner Games', etc.

2) Populate each folder with the games for each category (drag and drop).

3) Download Hyper2XML and create a custom database for each folder. (http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/7383-hyperrom2xml/)

4) Add each category to Hyperspin as a new system.  Use the custom databases as  your XML.  Each category will now appear in Rocketlauncher as a system and should also appear in Hyperspin.  Point each system (category) in Rocketlauncher to the folder with your roms (created in step 1).

5) In Rocketlauncher, click the system name. On the GAMES tab, audit the system so all games appear as FOUND.  (Here's the pain in the ass).  Right click each game and select 'Launch With' and select the correct emulator (MAME or AAE in your case).

6) Test to see if the games launch and play in Hyperspin.

And what if the custom wheel data like Racing games, the fight game doesn't not see any modules or emulator how to fix it ??

Archived