Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Future Pinball arcaderender program?

Bonoscot

Guys having to restart everything from scratch.....is there a program that has been released where if I find the correct arcade render of my cabinet table...that it will change all of my tables at once....rather than have to go through each individual table?

I heard something about BAM?

BAM will configure the table dimensions for cabinet mode automatically at run time. From my brief experience so far, the configuration does not seem to persist outside of BAM, however. In other words, if you stop using BAM, you're back to resizing/positioning all of your tables manually...

There is no logical reason to stop using BAM once used. It is simply 1000x better even without the all the camera stuff. In simple Static Mode BAM is light years ahead of what FP will ever be able to do on its own. As you can tell my thought would be install BAM and use the basic Static Mode until you wanna get fancy with all the camera stuff. All your table settings are stored in cfg files for each table. They will persist if the table name is the same. If the table name isn't the same you can copy the cfg config file and rename it to the new table. You can also create one awesome setup and call that cfg file as default.cfg and it will apply those settings to all tables without there own file.

What does BAM do in static mode?

I agree, just try it. This is one of those things that when you actually try it you will kick yourself for not doing it sooner. Static mode is basically the first level of BAM enhancements. Remember when we used to play with the camera Z angles etc to make the playfield look proper. BAM does this but it applies the proper proportions to the entire table and leaves you with a pile of options to tweak the view AND lighting as you see fit. It's similar to the newest VP tables that narrow slightly at the end to give the proper arcade view but with much more depth and options.

To anyone else reading this having some FP tables on their cab, just install it already.

BAM levels:

Future Pinball Mode - This is just the plain old regular FP mode.

Static Mode - Described above.

Happy Cab Mode - Same as static mode but you can setup movements based on timing. ie, you can make the playfield sway and or change depth. I call this Sea Sick Mode ;)

Simple PS3 Mode - One PS3 camera only, it will track side to side and up and down but NOT fore and aft. It is really simple and awesome.

3D PS3 Mode and WiiMote - These modes require IR LED's to calibrate and one on your person along with the use of either TWO PS3 cameras or Wii Motes to create a 3D perspective that is very responsive to your movements with a huge degree of camera movement. You can dive right into a table and look around, it's incredible.

Archived