The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Pinball flipper buttons... what a difference!

progets

To start, let me say I have a bartop cabinet and I know that flipper buttons don't work well on some full size cabinets. After this disclaimer...

These rock and make pinball games really enjoyable! My cabinet has been done for a short while but I just added the flipper buttons over the weekend. I've had them since I built the cabinet but wasn't sure how I wanted to wire them or if I even wanted them on the sides. I was playing pinball games with the topside CP buttons but, as you can image, it just wasn't the same.

If you don't need to bear hug your control panel (on a large full size CP), these are a super cheap way to get the old school pinball feel!. You can even link them to existing buttons if you don't have extra ports on your encoder!

• 3 weeks later...

one thing you should mention that when using flipper buttons for pinball is to avoid micro switched buttons.

either install proper leaf spring flipper buttons or http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/Gold-Leaf-Arcade-Button.html as a good substitute.

Hey Mikekim, 

Still LOVING my Retrocade clone. Thanks again for all the help and amazing artwork. I currently have GroovyGameGear White CLASSX buttons on my bartop, but I've added RGB LED to them which actually looks amazing. At the moment, all my buttons, flippers included, are using MicroLeaf switches. What switches/buttons would you recommend if I was going to replace the pinball flipper buttons with goldleaf switches or full spring flipper buttons. My goal would be to maintain LED functionality if possible. 

THanks!

Glad you are still enjoying the cab.

I'm not sure who manufactures rgb gold leaf buttons. But I know you can get full rgb sprung pinball buttons.. I was tempted to go that way with my pinball build initially.

Hope this helps..

Mike

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Glad you are still enjoying the cab.

I'm not sure who manufactures rgb gold leaf buttons. But I know you can get full rgb sprung pinball buttons.. I was tempted to go that way with my pinball build initially.

Hope this helps..

Mike

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

So if I can add gold leaf switches to my existing, that's in line with your suggestion, yes?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Archived