Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

One Arcade Wheel (to rule them all)

Dunk3000

• 4 months later...

Dunk, looking for your attachment which states how you edited the .ini files to get multiple emulators on one wheel. Do you just cut and paste from the Daphne database to the Mame database? Trying to just add a few Daphne games to my Mame wheel seeing those are the only ones I want added to my arcade games.

Dunk, looking for your attachment which states how you edited the .ini files to get multiple emulators on one wheel. Do you just cut and paste from the Daphne database to the Mame database? Trying to just add a few Daphne games to my Mame wheel seeing those are the only ones I want added to my arcade games.

If you use Don's list merger you can make the list you need. Just merge your mame list with your daphne list.

The tool automatically adds the exe tag to every entry - it will tag it with title of the list the game came from. Great thing is RocketLauncher reads this tag and uses it to know what settings to use. So assuming you got both systems setup - games tagged mame will launch with your mame settings, and games tagged daphne will launch with your daphne settings :)

How did you get on with this? Did you finish it

Not yet. I got as far as adding sega model 2, model 3, triforce and Atomiswave to mame. Still need to add a few more systems.

Is actually really easy to do by using dons list merger in same way as post above

• 1 month later...

I know this is an older post but it is somthing I am preparing to do with my build.  I have only mame stuff and didn't realize some of the games I want to play might not be induced.  I wanted to add Daphne (which I know isn't mame) and some other games like Guilty Gear and Virtua fighter.

Will I still need to use DEMUL for those games or will they work with mame.  I thought I remembered seeing Guilty gear in my list (it is home I am not) but I am not sure.

I totally thought I had this all figured out until I saw this post and realized mame might not emulate all the arcade games.

I know this is an older post but it is somthing I am preparing to do with my build.  I have only mame stuff and didn't realize some of the games I want to play might not be induced.  I wanted to add Daphne (which I know isn't mame) and some other games like Guilty Gear and Virtua fighter.

Will I still need to use DEMUL for those games or will they work with mame.  I thought I remembered seeing Guilty gear in my list (it is home I am not) but I am not sure.

I totally thought I had this all figured out until I saw this post and realized mame might not emulate all the arcade games.

Your question is answered in posts #3 & #5

Mame for most, but you also need:

Dice (if you want to go back that far), AAE (for smoothest vector games), Demul (Atomiswave, Naomi & Hikaru?), Sega Model 2 (model 2), Supermodel (model 3), Daphne & Daphne Singe (laserdisc), Dolphin (if you want to bother with tri-force) and Type X Loader (if you want to bother with individual Taito Type X games)

• 9 months later...

Dunk, thanks for the advice - I used Don's tools to make a merged list to include my MAME favorites and Daphne games. I currently have two wheels, MAME and Daphne with MAME roms and Daphne files in separate folders. Where exactly does this new .xml file go? Will Hyperspin know to look elsewhere to see/launch my Daphne games or do I need a dummy .zip for the Daphne titles in my MAME folder in order for those titles to appear on the one wheel? Thanks again!

On 13/04/2017 at 4:24 PM, abear said:

Dunk, thanks for the advice - I used Don's tools to make a merged list to include my MAME favorites and Daphne games. I currently have two wheels, MAME and Daphne with MAME roms and Daphne files in separate folders. Where exactly does this new .xml file go? Will Hyperspin know to look elsewhere to see/launch my Daphne games or do I need a dummy .zip for the Daphne titles in my MAME folder in order for those titles to appear on the one wheel? Thanks again!

Hi abear,

You need to add a new system in hyperhq with the same name as your xml (i used "Arcade"). Then youd place your new xml in its database folder.

When merging with Don's it add an exe tag to each game - corresponding to the original xml the game came from. This allows Rocketlauncher to know how to run each game - in your example it would let it know what needed Daphne and what needed mame - so its vital you keep all original systems setup in RL in background (just make invisible in hyperspin if you only want to browse the combined wheel).

Finally, with games i just dumped them all in one folder called arcade and pointed the system to that folder in RL. But, if you want to keep games seperate then you could just point to both game folders in RL.

Finally, youll need to combine all ur media (wheels, videos etc) in the folders for the new system you created at the start

Archived