The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Bartop started

blade

Hi guys new year new build gonna be my forth mini to date and hopefully the best one.The cab is set up and I've decased a 26" lcd tv and built in inside the cab got the artwork on it's way . I've also collected most parts and have a rather large motherboard to squeeze plus fans etc..might be overkill but I've got a 6 core watercooled motherboard with 16gb ram and a rather beastie 3gb ddr5 msi graphics card to boot plus using ssd for boot speed lol.will try and add pics of the build as I get spare time to do it

Cool, since you built a few I am wondering if you ever ran into the problem that the monitor has an on/off touch switch which needs to be pressed before it can be used. I am planning to use that monitor (my old 2nd monitor) but have it so that 1 button will turn on the inside sound system, the computer and the monitor at the same time but I do not know how to do this since the monitor has a touch sensitive on/off button....

Also is it ok to just use and electric 3 way extension inside the cabinet that will go to 1 outside switch? ( same problem as above though)

Cool, since you built a few I am wondering if you ever ran into the problem that the monitor has an on/off touch switch which needs to be pressed before it can be used. I am planning to use that monitor (my old 2nd monitor) but have it so that 1 button will turn on the inside sound system, the computer and the monitor at the same time but I do not know how to do this since the monitor has a touch sensitive on/off button....

Also is it ok to just use and electric 3 way extension inside the cabinet that will go to 1 outside switch? ( same problem as above though)

1. Plug in your monitor. Turn it on. Unplug the monitor. Plug it back in. Does it power back on? 

- Mine does. It resumes the last state (on/off) when it receives power anytime

2. I use an arcade button wired to the motherboard to power on the arcade

3. Sound system? Just use USB speakers. The other speakers aren't worth the hassle on a bartop. I've tested probably 8 different speakers by now. These are the best compromise I've found. Low profile. Good sound. Easy to connect. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003JTHO3U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

4. To plug everything in, I use a smart power strip. Plug the computer into the master. Plug the monitor and everything else into slave. Then when you turn on the computer, everythign else turns on

1. Plug in your monitor. Turn it on. Unplug the monitor. Plug it back in. Does it power back on? 

- Mine does. It resumes the last state (on/off) when it receives power anytime

2. I use an arcade button wired to the motherboard to power on the arcade

4. To plug everything in, I use a smart power strip. Plug the computer into the master. Plug the monitor and everything else into slave. Then when you turn on the computer, everythign else turns on

@RaidoverMoscow

That advice from newoski is exactly how it should be done. Simple. Works perfectly.

Press power: PC fires up, Marquee fires up, sound fires up, monitor fires up

Turn it off: everything shuts down in sequence.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks newoski for answering that I've been away a few days yes that's how my setup works finally my artwork turned via courier yesterday been a month quality is spot on real thick quality to.

So progress so far taken everything apart and adding graphics to each piece separate and got a real good logitech sound system to take apart and add.Finally stripped the pc down to just what's needed you wouldn't believe the space I've got literally millimetres I've gotta post some pics of my progress got a few cool parts coming via Japan but mostly most parts I've had around or collected since before the Xmas season.

I'd be really interested in seeing a water-cooled bartop!!

Check out FifthDread on Youtube he has a killer hardware setup. I'm about to get started on mine, been collecting parts and planning my design. I started this Hyperspin kick over a year ago and I'm still hooked! Shout out to Austin, gotta love you bro! You have helped a lot and I don't mind you're waffling! Haha!!

Check out FifthDread on Youtube he has a killer hardware setup. I'm about to get started on mine, been collecting parts and planning my design. I started this Hyperspin kick over a year ago and I'm still hooked! Shout out to Austin, gotta love you bro! You have helped a lot and I don't mind you're waffling! Haha!!

His is pretty outdated at this point, I would have to guess. I'm running a 4690K + GTX 790 in mine... It's a beast

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys as promised some pics of project from the drawing transferring to wood building up frame adding artwork stripping tv and added to project and lastly putting acrylic to cover most of front cutting holes etc...to lastly few buttons and a few pics of the beastie pc going in.

I call this project phoenix rise from the ashes because the guy I brought the pc from smoked like a chimney and pc stunk of smoke (since been cleaned up ) lol.hope you enjoy will add more as and when I get em and anyone asks I got my art off a guy on ebay but had custom sizes as this wide hence 26"tv.I also have to thank the guys down my local hardware store as they get and cut most of my mdf and acrylic and all fastnings (pity they couldn't cut the shape )lol.

20160119_000915.jpg
20151219_115229.jpg
20160122_115237.jpg
20160119_000913.jpg
20160105_143901.jpg
20160105_143841.jpg
20160129_100045.jpg
20160119_000855.jpg
20151223_154838.jpg
20160108_111855.jpg
20160129_213739.jpg

Archived