Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

SSF is unable to load files due to a strange extension issue (Plz Help!)

Lucius_Bundy

Hello HS Community,

I'm experiencing an issue with SSF 012 r4 and I have everything setup correctly, I think, however it's not working. I'm getting an error in Rocketlauncher that says SSF only supports NFGICUEICCDIISO however, you are attempting to load ".iso". Everything works fine in SSF directly; The error seems to be a false positive since iso is clearly in ssf extension list, however RocketLauncher feels like the extension isn't supported. I had SSF working in Windows 8 but I recently updated to Windows 10 so I had to reconfigure paths and reinstall daemon tools. It looks like DT on Win10 doesn't support virtual scsi so I'm not sure if this is the problem. Does anyone have SSF working with Rocketlaunch (latest version) on Windows, I could sure use some help. Oh, also I'm using the latest version of Hyperspin 1.4, but this doesn't seem to be a HS problem, I'm just hoping some members may be familiar with why this is happening.

Thanks a lot for your help, Spawk. I moved all my games from  X:\ROMS!\saturn-good\gamenamehere  to X:\ROMS!\saturn-good. Also I used to be able to have a sub folder setup just fine. Even in the root folder I'm still getting this error when trying to launch games through SSF, other systems are working fine. Can't find much about this error on  google I'm stuck x.x.

Launching through ssf and launching through RL are totally different things. You mean through RL?

The only systems that use folders that I'm aware of is mugen and MS-DOS. Both of which require some fandangling to get to audit correctly.

How or whether other systems work is sort of irrelevant though. What error do you get now?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Sorry for any  confusion. I meant through RL everything works fine directly through ssf which isn't an issue here. The error I get now (after RL prompted me to DL a new ssf.ahk) "This is a folder and must point to a file instead". I found a thread online with someone else experiencing this, seems to have been an issue with Daemon Tools not having the  correct path set. I double checked that in my RL settings and the path is set. I also verified that I'm not receiving any errors when mounting any cue/nrg/iso files directly through DT. Might be something with this new ssf.ahk that I'm just missing. Do you or anyone currently have ssf setup and running?

I do have it setup. Did you enable virtual drive in the Saturn section in RL? Also, lets make sure RL is finding the roms. Check your rompath again. Make sure there are no other folders in there. Just the images and named correctly! Do they audit in RL (turn green)?

Sorry for any  confusion. I meant through RL everything works fine directly through ssf which isn't an issue here. The error I get now (after RL prompted me to DL a new ssf.ahk) "This is a folder and must point to a file instead". I found a thread online with someone else experiencing this, seems to have been an issue with Daemon Tools not having the  correct path set. I double checked that in my RL settings and the path is set. I also verified that I'm not receiving any errors when mounting any cue/nrg/iso files directly through DT. Might be something with this new ssf.ahk that I'm just missing. Do you or anyone currently have ssf setup and running?

No one has SSF working with all games. It is a mystery.

No one has SSF working with all games. It is a mystery.

He is trying to get what he has working in ssf also working in RL! The current state of emulation or compatibility for ssf isn't in question here. There's no mystery, Saturn emulation isn't 100 percent. Has nothing to do with HS/RL.

Hey Spawk,

Yes RL can find my saturn games just fine. As a test I removed the rom path and re-added and it was once again able to find my roms so that seems to be working. Everything seems to be setup how I had it working previous. I'm trying to see what differences in system configuration we may have if any.  Are you using Windows 10? I recently updated and think something fishy is going on with it. I included a few screenshots to give you be better view of my settings. 

x8ynbmX.pngnjbHIOG.jpg86GKZjK.jpg

Hey guys, after the latest Rocket Launcher update I can't launch Saturn games either, note that I had it setup and running for a long time without problems, something really weird is happening, not even the error message makes sense, read it and tell me your thoughts.

123_zpszbagnens.jpg

For me it only means - WTF - 

I  just opened Rocket Launcher UI and it prompted a bug fixing update and now Saturn is working again.

I tried everything when I first updated today and I thought something messed up this setup.

So you guys that are having weird problems with SSF, Saturn setup, close RL UI and update again, it should fix the problems.

I  just opened Rocket Launcher UI and it prompted a bug fixing update and now Saturn is working again.

I tried everything when I first updated today and I thought something messed up this setup.

So you guys that are having weird problems with SSF, Saturn setup, close RL UI and update again, it should fix the problems.

There was a bug discovered earlier and djvj was notified. It was promptly fixed.

• 2 months later...

Lucius_Bundy, 

I first want to say that I am new to the RocketLauncher, Hyperspin scene. Secondly, I wanted to thank you for this post, and it has been very insightful and informative.

I noticed that you managed to get your Sega Saturn working in RL using Windows 10.

I just wanted to ask you how you set it up? If you didn't use the virtual SCSI drive in Daemon Tools, how did you get around this so that you could get your games running?

I get the following errors when I try to launch a game:

-When trying to launch a game in RL (Mount switch syntax error)

-After the launch was unsuccessful ("unmount" switch syntax error) 

Any help would be much appreciated.

I changed my version to 4.49 and the good news is that I no longer receive the syntax errors. The bad news is that I still can't get any games to load.

It goes through the loading screen and gets to a 100%, but then it just shows an icon of Daemon Tools in my right hand corner.

When I close out of it manually, it proceeds to launch SSF with just a black screen.

Any further suggestions by chance?

Update: I got it to work using a SCSI drive using DT 6.1 Pro. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

I changed my version to 4.49 and the good news is that I no longer receive the syntax errors. The bad news is that I still can't get any games to load.

It goes through the loading screen and gets to a 100%, but then it just shows an icon of Daemon Tools in my right hand corner.

When I close out of it manually, it proceeds to launch SSF with just a black screen.

Any further suggestions by chance?

Update: I got it to work using a SCSI drive using DT 6.1 Pro. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

I'm having the same problems as you were with the unmount santex error. You said you got it working on windows 10. I was wondering how you went about getting it working. I been looking for an answer for a couple of weeks but been falling short. Thanks a lot buddy!

• 1 year later...

Archived