Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Newbie needs help soon!

devilFist

Hello everyone,

I am new to emulations, but have been gaming since I owned an Atari 2600 and spent most my allowances on cartridges or at arcades.  I now have some nephews and nieces who are coming of age to appreciate the delights of a traditional arcade, so I am building a HyperSpin arcade cabinet and a HyperPin table.  The 80's may be gone, but I hope to capture the pure joy of these games for the next generation.

I've been having some trouble setting up Hyperspin, specifically with HyperspinHQ.  Windows 10 keeps kicking me out of the program.  Does anyone have any ideas as to this issue?

thanks as always,

devilFist

can't really offer help, as I'm a very similar story to yours, but I can offer hope as I'm also running windows 10, and have not had any such issues.
​  So, it (hopefully) is something simple, like a folder address being pointed to being wrong.

This is a known issue for HyperHQ on Windows 10. You can manually define your paths for your system by editing the system's ini file in the HyperSpin/Settings folder.

I agree with agent47, that is what I do to setup hyperHQ, by manually setting the ini file for each system to seth the roms and video folder. Other than that, should be running ok.

windows 10 is the very reason I restore my 7 back to original, windows 10 is the devils work I could not play one of my older games decently while windows was installed it was a hassle to get the right combalitity to set up to get the game to run even close to decent.  stick with 7 windows 7 rule!

windows 10 is the very reason I restore my 7 back to original, windows 10 is the devils work I could not play one of my older games decently while windows was installed it was a hassle to get the right combalitity to set up to get the game to run even close to decent.  stick with 7 windows 7 rule!

Just out of interest, what game exactly?

I can see why maybe if there was one game you could not live without or you had a cab with just that game on, you may want to go back to W7.

There's a couple of TTX games that don't work with W10 but I'm not concerned about it. There's enough to play with mame and all the other systems (I'm going to add them all up later) and PC.

Seems crazy to not install a new OS just so you don't need to edit an ini file.

So I'm very curious what tjus game is. :)

ive had a issue with all my fallout games except 4 cause my rig wouldn't had ran it any way I had issue with my mass effect games.  and I wasn't pointing out the .ini file in particular I was just fed up with windows 10 in itself its like it has no stabiltity s system to call itself home ya now what I mean?

ive had a issue with all my fallout games except 4 cause my rig wouldn't had ran it any way I had issue with my mass effect games.  and I wasn't pointing out the .ini file in particular I was just fed up with windows 10 in itself its like it has no stabiltity s system to call itself home ya now what I mean?

Yes sure. My Hyperspin set up is also my main PC so I was happy to upgrade.

I'm personally going for a dual boot of Win 7 & 10 now I've acquired a 1TB SSD.

But currently back on my old win7 SSD as win7 was a pain to install this time around somehow. Kept running into the install failing, which in the end seemed to be USB install related and I fixed it by restoring an old image and burning the ISO to dvd.....

Weird as I previously installed win7 from usb just fine on the same hardware, prolly an issue with the used ISO. After that I ran into more trouble because now I get a black screen when I install the latest GPU drivers on startup, ffs AMD. And I'm able to wipe it in Safe mode, but not install the drivers in Safe mode...

Ah well, I'll retry it later on with an older set of drivers.

For win10 I have a LTSB Enterprise version. So no bloody Cortana, Store, etc. and no non-essential forced updates. I figure I'll still have to dive into PowerShell to get rid of OneDrive and some other bloatware Apps etc.

Though I prefer Windows over all other OS's, they keep making it harder ever since win7.... And now the bloody phone style store etc. trying to get back power over the pc game marketplace with software that works like utter crap, c'mon msoft wtf! Get your shit back in order!

That's weird THK not to long brfore I decided to switch back to 7 I ran inyo the "black of death" it was a decent fix I just had to refigured my ram slot order< so I got lucky but also when I finally went to got around to doing my redo I put my installation disk I put in the the rom tray and put hit restart pc and and normally the installation starts but noooo not windows ten it wants to boot normally I had to go to hit f12 so it will tell the pc to ignore the hardrive and boot from the disk im telling you windows 10 and Microsoft is trying to keep ya.  then windows had the nerve to hide a boot file on my secondary hardrive of course I deleted that right away when I found it....lol

That also sounds very strange. I mean, ram slots shouldn't matter as long as they're filled or you haven't put em into the wrong slots.

I have enough experience with building pc's and fixing ppls problems, fresh installs etc. But sometimes shit just doesn't seem to want to work. Or you have to do stuff you shouldn't have to, like unplugging a hdd to be able to install Windows on an ssd (had to do this for a new build for volunteers work)

I've also come across numerous errors on ppls win7 to 10 upgrades (I would never install Windows over an old install without wiping 1st) that just couldn't be fixed in the normal way (PowerShell/register/system restore/etc) but only a fresh install. Even on some factory fresh new win10 laptops, some weird shit going on sometimes

And I thought everything was gonna be plug n play by now xD

Archived