Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Computer Specs Help

Redskins

Hi:

I am getting ready to buy my computer stuff, fans, etc & I am looking for some advice.

SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224DB/BEBE - OEM

$19.99

ASUS GT610-SL-1GD3-L GeForce GT 610 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

$44.99

EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2662-KR GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

$224.99

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card powered by THX TruStudio Pro

$179.99

Thermaltake SMART Series SP-750M 750W ATX 12V V2.3 & EPS 12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

$109.99

ADATA XPG Gaming Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model AX3U1600GC4G9-2G

$64.99

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

$99.99

CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler

$103.99

SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

$109.99

I am looking for opinions - I have never built a computer. Am I missing anything? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Displays

Playfield - 40" Samsung LED HDTV

Backglass - 27" Viewsonic VG2732-M LED Monitor

DMD - 19.5" Acer S200HQL BD LED Monitor

Looks your building a nice rig. What motherboard and CPU have you picked out?

You could cut the cost in some places but maybe you picked those components for a specific reason.

I would cut cost on the CPU cooler and sound card and get a cheaper gtx660 but that's just me

Minor thing - if this is your first pc build you will be missing the misc screws for mounting the motherboard, cd drive, SSd drive that typically come when u buy a pc case. They may come in useful even if u are mountIng everything inside the pin cab. Newegg carries just the screw kit. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811989012

Thanks for the advice - here is my motherboard & chip

ASRock Z77 Extreme9 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

I will add the screw kit to my order.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget a couple of extra sata cables & molex cables are always handy to have around.

I think an additional hard drive, 500GB HD +, use the SSD for windows & to keep your pinball software on & the D: drive for other programs.

Get a copy of Acronis or Ghost & do a regular clone disc as so many settings to tweak you may well screw your system!!

Get a macro recorder software to deal with the numerous times you'll be entering the same data in tables, boring... Macro scheduler, Macro Recorder etc

Rocket Dock is great for having at the top of one window as working on 3 monitors, one of them portrait is a real pain & it's good to have as many shortcuts around the desktop as possible.

I think this my exact setup in my cabinet and it is rock solid (see Tiki God's cabinet).

I would change one thing that I have updated since my build. If you can swing it, get a 256GB SSD drive. Partition 75GB for your OS, and the rest for your HP, VP, FP, tables, etc.

Z

Don't forget a couple of extra sata cables & molex cables are always handy to have around.

I think an additional hard drive, 500GB HD +, use the SSD for windows & to keep your pinball software on & the D: drive for other programs.

Get a copy of Acronis or Ghost & do a regular clone disc as so many settings to tweak you may well screw your system!!

Get a macro recorder software to deal with the numerous times you'll be entering the same data in tables, boring... Macro scheduler, Macro Recorder etc

Rocket Dock is great for having at the top of one window as working on 3 monitors, one of them portrait is a real pain & it's good to have as many shortcuts around the desktop as possible.

Thanks for all the suggestions - I will take your advice.

I think this my exact setup in my cabinet and it is rock solid (see Tiki God's cabinet).

I would change one thing that I have updated since my build. If you can swing it, get a 256GB SSD drive. Partition 75GB for your OS, and the rest for your HP, VP, FP, tables, etc.

Z

Yeah I may have looked at your specs - I tweaked a few things from my original post. I have built the computer 2 weekends ago - getting ready to work on the cabinet & monitors this weekend.

I do have an extra 120gb ssd I could put all of my HP, VP, FP, etc on.

Building the thing is 80% of the fun :)

S'funny a few people say that, I disagree. If I could have bought a cab made to my spec I would have done so.

But as I wanted all the force feedback & blinky lights I've had to go down the build your own path.

But I keep getting distracted from building & tweaking, by playing the cab :D

Am on the ledwiz stage now, headache or what :dong:

Building the thing is 80% of the fun :)

S'funny a few people say that, I disagree. If I could have bought a cab made to my spec I would have done so.

But as I wanted all the force feedback & blinky lights I've had to go down the build your own path.

But I keep getting distracted from building & tweaking, by playing the cab :D

Am on the ledwiz stage now, headache or what :dong:

figuring out electrical basics, which people glance over or omit in tutorials can be a bitch. But just imagine the sense of accomplishment when you DO get it all to work.

Archived