Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

New FTP access to HyperSpin Themes

BadBoyBill

I recently purchased a new server seperate from this site. The FTP server will host all themes to supplement our downloads section on this site.

Everyone keep submitting your themes to our normal download area, they still must go through the approval process, once an admin approves the theme we will also immediately transfer the theme over to the other server.

Whats the benefit of FTP?

FTP will allow you to download all the themes and artwork in one shot, there are no wait times or restrictions.

There are possibly other benefits also, I feel that I will personally be using this server to get all the themes I want and that will also be the place I will place other artwork I have and test builds of HS prior to the next revision releases.

The main benefit I see is that you will have access to the most current up to date files we have.

Who gets access?

FTP access will be a benefit to gold members on this site, since the servers are still costing me money I cant give it to everyone.

Again all downloads on this site remain free and people are free to make torrents or upload to newsgroups or whatever and share that way.

Right now not every piece of artwork is up, but all current themes are available, and wheel image sets. Boxart sets and main wheel themes will be up tomorrow.

How to get access for current gold members:

Please send me a request email at [email protected], please be patient since I will have to verify your account and create FTP accounts in the order received.

Again all downloads on this site remain free and people are free to make torrents or upload to newsgroups or whatever and share that way.

Please remember this does not include videos, these will be released in torrents once finalized but should only be distributed by emumovies.com

Great news Bill, you know me ftp is the only way to go :)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive been searching all over for info on what exactly is on the FTP? I have a few questions.

is this FTP and the emumovies FTP the same thing or do I need to donate to both?

Is there a complete set of themes for MAME?

How about themes for SNES, N64, DC and all the other consoles? Are there complete sets?

if the videos are on this FTP, are there only HQ videos or are there also SQ videos for low end MAME cabs like mine?

HyperSpin FTP is different than Emumovies. You need to donate to both to get both of them. HyperSpin contains all the themes, artwork and misc other stuff. Lots and lots of hard work has gone into it! Emumovies is all of the videos. I believe there is both HQ and SQ but that question is for Circo to answer (or someone that has been on emumovies ftp recently...I haven't). Also, alot of hard work goes into recording all of those videos and converting them all as well.

There is not a complete set of themes for MAME. I believe there is around 800 complete themes. Most of the consoles have generic themes. All the games have wheel images, box arts, and videos but they are not custom themes like you see with MAME. It would take too long to do custom themes for every console game!

Check out the downloads section here to see what is available on the FTP.

Hope this helps,

billpa

yea, thanks for the reply, much appreciated

I just got the impression, from what I read, that there was more on the FTP than here in the download section?

Oh well, looks like I will be doing some themes for SNES when I get the time :)

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
does ftp have ps2, dos, xbox, dos, commodore 64, mac, pc, ds, wii, gamecube etc?

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/faq.php?faq=unsupported#faq_unsupported2

Unsupported Systems

HyperSpin does not support the emulation of current generation systems. Posting themes or artwork for current generation systems or asking for support in adding current generation systems to your HyperSpin setup is forbidden.

Current generation systems include:

1. Xbox 360

2. Playstation 3

3. Playstation 2

4. Nintendo Wii

5. Nintendo DS & Nintendo 3DS

6. Playstation Portable (PSP)

7. Nintendo Gamecube (Gamecube is still a viable revenue maker due to full backwards compatibility of the Nintendo Wii)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived