Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Nintendo DS in Hyperspin

akiles500

This is the configuration for Nintendo DS:

[exe info]

path = C:\HyperSpin\Emulators\Nintendo DS\

rompath = C:\HyperSpin\Emulators\Nintendo DS\Roms\

userompath = true

exe = Closemul.exe

romextension = nds

parameters =

searchsubfolders = false

pcgame = false

winstate = HIDDEN

hyperlaunch =false

Download this file that is the Nintendo DS emulator already configured for me and Sydaroa:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTCN2KQF

And add these files too inside folder of emulator

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=888H8IC9

Enjoy it

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I haven't checked out the DS emu scene in a long while... I just downloaded the emulator and tested a game and it ran pretty well. Of course controls are quite a bit awkward and would be even more so with a trackball. I'm impressed, but having 3 DS's in our house along with flash carts I don't think this is something I'll put on my cabinet. I do keep my roms on my cabinet, but we use RToolsDS to access them remotely and upload to our DS's.

Yes, it runs full screen and games are very playable. Only sound could be better. But hey, now I can play Metal Slug 7 :) (in spanish)

No the roms are in english, but the menu of the emu are in spanish too, i'm confused, I can't find language settings.

I don't use hyperspin on a cabinet but on a portable HD so i can play with friends too.

Did you have to do anything after you updated myzoom? I downloaded that file and it is still in spanish. But yet if I put the english version of myzoom and download no$GBA then put it in a seperate folder that game works in english. I just can't figure out how to set up closemul when I download it from a different site.

Got DS up and running and everything is working great except one thing. Anyone know how to get the emulator to exit with escape? I can hit escape and get back to hyperspin but no$gba stays running in the background.

Did some rom searches on innet. Halfway through the torrent I found out someone on my network already had the whole thing.

Now I also have box art for 3115 DS games. Is there a standard for naming these or should I just upload em named 0001-3115?

Did some rom searches on innet. Halfway through the torrent I found out someone on my network already had the whole thing.

Now I also have box art for 3115 DS games. Is there a standard for naming these or should I just upload em named 0001-3115?

The standard for naming DS is using the ADVANsCEne releases. I personally use the ADVANsCEne NDS Scene Dat along with RToolsDS for organizing and naming my NDS set.

• 2 months later...

i found out why the DS games are in Spanish for the emulator. The reason for this is because the DS firmware was set in Spanish. You have to change the firmware.bin to one that is saved with English. If anyone cares that is. Just thought I'd let you know.

That's honestly got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. If that's the way you feel about it then why are you on site for a front end that uses emulators to emulate game systems(and much more of course)? Everything you do pertaining to emulating any game system automatically puts you in just like everyone else. It doesn't matter if the system is still out or not. Unless you own every single arcade game or system rom that you have on your harddrive (which I highly doubt you do, but if you do good for you) you are no more innocent than anyone else. I mean afterall did the wii stop selling VC games? Last time I checked they still were.

Talking about emulating a system will in no way jeopardize the site. I mean if people were talking about pirated games and saying hey I got all these nds roms here and I'm gonna post the links on the site and give to people for free then yes that would probably cause problems. But guess what... no one did. There's nothing against the law prohibiting the discussion of emulating a system.

It's a shame you have no idea of the history of Nintendo's legal persuits. It's actually laughable that you got so offended by my post. There is a rule in the community about systems and games that are currently being sold. It's a shame that you never heard of it.

There is nothing wrong with talking about emulating any system whatsoever. Now yes talking about where to download roms etc is a different story, however there is nothing illegal whatsoever about emulating a system on your pc. You can emulate whatever you want as long as you own a legal copy of any games you emulate.

So in short any talk about emulation = perfectly fine, any talk about downloading games you do not own = not fine.

You're both right and wrong :).

It may be perfectly legal, but is it worth the RISK to BBB? Whatever he answers is obviously the only thing that counts as this is his site. I would hope if he feels it would be cool to not talk about the NDS too much, that people who disagree with that point would understand BBB is the guy who's wallet is on the line and leave it be.

I'll say to all I've an opinion on this, but what's the point? I'm not the guy at risk.

You're both right and wrong :).

It may be perfectly legal, but is it worth the RISK to BBB? Whatever he answers is obviously the only thing that counts as this is his site. I would hope if he feels it would be cool to not talk about the NDS too much, that people who disagree with that point would understand BBB is the guy who's wallet is on the line and leave it be.

I'll say to all I've an opinion on this, but what's the point? I'm not the guy at risk.

Thanks for saying what I was trying to :)

Well considering there are already several threads related to emulating ds already on here over the past couple months, I would say it is ok. If BBB wasn't ok with it I'm sure he would say so. Of course it is all up to Bill, no one said it wasn't, I was just pointing out the facts of the case.

I wasn't offended at all. I'm just stressing that its hypocritical and pointless to condemn one system over the when the whole point of the frontend and site is to support and endless number of emulators that run (dare I say roms) regardless of whether they are still out or not). To say one is more right than the other is dumb. No offense of course.

Archived