Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Howler Arcade Controller is now LIVE on Kickstarter!

engg100

@djvj: You can set the colors using the Howler Config program and LEDBlinky with Howler support is supposed to be released by the end May (It is currently finishing up beta testing). For more advanced programmers, I have a dll available if you would like to make your own scripts. Let me know. Also, if anyone is interested in me making a commandline based app I make that as well, I just thought most people would be using LEDBlinky.

I hope everyone has received their Howlers!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like the dll actually and a doc of what switches/params it supports. A CLI based app would work for standard users so they can quickly get it working too, but if ledblinky is pretty much done and replaces the CLI app, then just let it handle that task.

My PC I'm testing on is on win8.1 with an i5.

As promised the Howler Config (Now at V0.23) program has been updated. As I said before there will be bugs and I will squash them as they come! I am also working on a rather large update to both the firmware and Config program which adds shift functionality, dramatically improved trackball and spinner performance, and also the ability to save controls and LED profiles.

Download the latest version here:

http://www.wolfwareeng.com/?page_id=202

Thanks,

Josh

@dvdj: Thanks for the verification. Also, the dll that is with the exe is what you can use to interface to the Howler. I am still working on documentation for it but if you want to just set LEDs, you can do the following:

Here is the VB Code to Light the LEDs

'First Import the library:

Imports HowlerLibrary.HowlerMainClass

'Next initialize the Howlers:

Dim numHowlers As Integer = 0

numHowlers = HowlerInterface.Init() 'Returns number of Howlers, if it is not => 1 there no howlers were found in the system

'Set all the LEDs (If there are Howlers in the system (start at index 0 for first howler, up to 3 for 4 howlers)

Dim ledArray As Byte() = {<initial values>}

'ledArray is a 96 byte array mapped as follows: {J1LEDR, J1LEDG, J1LEDB, J2LEDR, J2LEDG, J2LEDB, J3LEDR, J3LEDG, J3LEDB, J4LEDR, J4LEDG, J4LEDB, B1R, B1G, B1B, B2R, B2G, B12B, ...<B3 through B25 the same>... B26R, B26G, B26B, HP1R, HP1G, HP1B, HP1R, HP1G, HP1B}

HowlerInterface.SetAllLEDs(0, ledArray) 'Set LEDs for first howler found

@dvdj give it a try and let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Josh

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived