Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Howler Arcade Controller is now LIVE on Kickstarter!

engg100

Thanks THK, I also have some other news. I have teamed up with www.paradisearcadeshop.com to provide complete kits with RGB joystick, RGB buttons, and all required wiring. If anyone is interested check out he "Kits' section on the Howler Arcade Controller Kickstarter Project! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2034467396/howler-arcade-controller

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks THK, I also have some other news. I have teamed up with www.paradisearcadeshop.com to provide complete kits with RGB joystick, RGB buttons, and all required wiring. If anyone is interested check out he "Kits' section on the Howler Arcade Controller Kickstarter Project! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2034467396/howler-arcade-controller

I have pledged $95 for the early procrastinator.... how can I change to the complete 2 player Kit? ....can I pledge the difference?

I was unable to find any actual pricing on your kits. Maybe my search foo is poor today.

Have you considered an "upgrade" kit for people like myself (4 player with Happ pros) that already have a CP built and would be replacing the buttons, joystick handles/tops and adding a Howler?

You had said THIS and I about pooped myself. Can you do any better on pricing? I mean a lot better because that is a metric shit ton of money to just add a light, provides no performance benefit not to mention costs more the initial cost of the entire joystick. I guess for me personally, the cost doesn't outweigh the benefit thus making the price unreasonable.

BTW - super congrats on exceeding your goal!

Love the look of this. Think it is a great idea. Glad you got your backing as well :D nice to see new ideas being brought into the Arcade scene. :)

I'm a fan of the UltraStik 360 which means I'll only need the PACLed and iPac to get what I need so the howler isn't for me.

Hey guys,

I am pretty much giving the switches, joystick, and harnessing for what I am getting them for. I just added the kits because so many people were asking for them. RGB LED controls aren't everyone's cup of tea but for those of you that are interested I have the kits available.

@leolangone:

You can just change your pledge to the new one you want at any time if you want to upgrade.

Thanks,

Josh

Thanks fireslayer!

I have been trying to get more exposure for the project but not many bites in the last few days. I have made a press release for it on http://www.prurgent.com/2013-11-09/pressrelease324991.htm . I have had Paradise Arcade Shop advertise on their facebook page and it received quite a bit of likes. I have sent press releases out to other news sources as well. I have also tried to advertise on other arcade forums but I do NOT want to be a spammer so you can only do so much following their posting rules.

Does anyone else have any ideas for how to get this out there?

Thanks,

Josh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any juicy updates on this? Can't wait to get my board when they're done! :)

How's the process coming along? Is there anything we can help out with? Reckon it's a massive task to bring something new out on the market!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HOWLERS SHIPPING ON MONDAY!

post-23258-1428706265_thumb.jpg

Yes, the Howler Arcade Controller is finally shipping! I have been working my ass off to get over 230 boards programmed and tested. I now have enough to ship to all you amazing people who pre-ordered! The past 6 months have been crazy busy but I have learned a lot of what to do, but mostly what NOT to do.

I am sure there are still bugs in the firmware and software but I have made the Howler Controllers USB upgradable and will be uploading a video to www.wolfwaretech.com for a simple step-by-step upgrade process. The current version (0.202) is very stable but I am sure some of you will come up with new features to implement and maybe even find a bug or two. I will also have the Howler Config Program available for download soon (should be up on the website before most of you receive your boards). The creator of LEDBlinky has also been working very hard to support the Howler Controller and it should also be supported by the time you receive your boards.

I am going to be spending the entire weekend packaging up the boards and kits to get ready for shipment. Shipments will begin on Monday, April 7 (only a week later than originally planned!) and will probably take most of the week to get out. I will try to update everyone’s kickstarter backer reports to “Reward Sent” as I send them out. I will be shipping out the Canadian and International orders myself and the wonderful people at Paradise Arcade Shop (Bryan and Susan) will be shipping out all the US orders (they already have all the Howler Controllers needed to do so). They are awesome people and have been a great help on this project.

Please feel free to do an un-boxing on Youtube! If you do, please send me the link. I would also very much appreciate if you could share pictures and videos of your “Howler Inside” arcade machines so I can add them to the website.

Also, I am sure I will be bombarded with questions once people start receiving their Howlers so please don’t get too upset if I don’t answer right away. I will answer as fast as I can and will be putting together a FAQ on the website once I see what the main issues are.

Again if anyone has any questions of concerns, please email me: [email protected]

Thanks again to all of you for making this project a reality.

Josh

• 1 month later...

engg100, I finally received my Howler. I connected one button to test it works and upgraded the firmware to 202. I could not find any documentation on how the howler receives signals on what colors to change to nor how to script color changes to it. Can you please elaborate on how to do this?

engg, your howler app to change the controller is very buggy... I have to click buttons a few times until it finally shows the existing color or I have to click another button then go back. Same with controls, I had button 1 selected and wrote a new keyboard key, but it changed it on button 2. Are you working to address these bugs? I sent you an email but you have not gotten back to me yet. If you are not updating your software anymore, can I get a link to the ledblinky software that supports the howler?

Archived