Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Please make all tools usable at 480i

tzakiel

Using some of the tools on a 15khz TV at 480i is impossible.

- HyperlaunchHQ has huge icons for the tabs which push info down past the 480 lines and is unusable.

- Hypersync cloud uses an interface which pushes some needed buttons to the right past 640 lines and is unusable.

I'm sure there are other areas but these are the two I noticed. I wasn't able to complete my setup using my TV.

So my request is to review these at 640x480 and ensure all interface elements can fit.

Hi tzakiel,

Most likely you are using a CRT and therefore I imagine you are using windows XP for your OS. Due to WPF/.Net changes and several other factors, the devolopers of the tools do not have plans to support windows XP in the future. This means future support for CRT based systems will be limited going forward.

I use a CRT system as well, and I have installed a VNC service between my arcade and main computer to help work with the tools.

Good luck

That's a shame, because only windows XP has good support for native arcade game resolutions and switching. I would urge the developers to consider that. Hopefully someone will find a way to make windows7 work well with native resolutions and CRT_emu drivers.

VNC is the best way to deal with resolution issues. CRT look great on old stuff and have that arcade feel to them. But remember that upgrading stuff in a cab made to be retro is really not required. Leave it old school and go build ya self a Vielix cab or something. :)

I have this problem on my cab as well. I'm running Win7 on a CRT with an ArcadeVGA card. works great. Easy way around the 480 resolution is using Remote Desktop from the cab to my laptop. Not ideal but it's also much nicer to work on than the CRT. Just my two cents.

• 1 month later...

it does seem that more and more people are building the widescreen lcd/led cabinets, Im sticking with my 32" crt. Just use a regular monitor to do the testing, much easier on the eyes. Also Ive never had a problem in windows 7 with the resolutions, the desktop is set at 1024X768 and the games switch to 640X480, seems to work fine.

Archived