Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Mini Pinball slash Arcade Bartop

Superfrog

Hi guys,

I'm new here and before I start my new adventure, I shall share some info about me :ciao:

My name is Wilbert AKA Superfrog, and I'm building some bartops.

Here are some pictures of my creations:

MameCade_zpsa5789e58.jpg

MameCade20_zps5d4e1453.jpg

Popeye-Bartop_zps0dfe8504.jpg

To see the bartops in action, you can take a look at my YouTube channel for more info.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8iVCPe0APw7517FTXtVwQ/videos

After I finished my Popeye Nintendo bartop with crt monitor, I needed a new challenge.

Did some lurking over the net, and jump right into some great build here on Hyperspin.

I want to make a pinball and arcade machine in one.

I think it's already done before, but not by me :ciao:

I wanna do a mini Pinball 2000 version with a 24 inch playfield and a 15, or 17 inch backglass monitor.

It's gonna be a South Park theme.

Update1a_zps8b978c6b.jpg

Update1b_zps86a31708.jpg

Yesterday I started with a mock-up for the right size.

Update-3a_zps2bc59f2d.jpg

Update-3c_zps8dbfce82.jpg

The Star Wars theme was just for testing....

Now it's time to do some wood working .

Greetings and :ciao:

Couple of random questions, what did u use to round the edges on the arcade machines and what are you using for the bezel to hold the marquee in place? I made a midi machine (no where near as good as your epic efforts) but it was a first time for me and those last bits on mine are not complete and make it look rough so im going to try building a desktop one next with a more professional finish.

also how did u get the black glass look around the screen?

cheers

post-63550-14287061464_thumb.jpg

Couple of random questions, what did u use to round the edges on the arcade machines and what are you using for the bezel to hold the marquee in place? I made a midi machine (no where near as good as your epic efforts) but it was a first time for me and those last bits on mine are not complete and make it look rough so im going to try building a desktop one next with a more professional finish.

also how did u get the black glass look around the screen?

cheers

The round edges on my first build was done by hand... and a lot of sandpaper.

On the second build 2.0 I used a router.. a lot faster ;)

I started my first try ever because of Koenigs great and clean projects and followed his Step by step contruction.

I did some tweaks that was best for me.

Here is a link so you can see all the magic and answers to your questions ;)

http://www.koenigs.dk/mame/eng/stepverticade.htm

tip: the monitor bezel will go behind the back of the Marquee and hold it with some tape. that will do the job

I like small details that is workout very nice, so the end result is slick.

Just think a lot and plan things out what stick, buttons, color, materials u gonna need to use and never rush things, are my steps to begin on a new project.

Greetings

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the fine mini pinball and tips of his Galaga build from Melon at BYOAC, I did jump into making my own pinball.

Update-10a_zpse9937d44.jpg

Update-10b_zps9e566d7e.jpg

Things to do is to finish the coindoor and lockdown bar.

After that it's sandpaper and painting time......

Update-10d_zps2523badf.jpg

Update-10c_zps06e21cc0.jpg

First I wanted to build my own plunger like Melon, but when I order my button stuff, the shop had a all ready plunger in stock for 12 Euro's.

I couldn't resist that one..... sad thing of this option is that I have to drop Mr. Hankie to be the plunger knob.

See you later.

Archived