Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Vectrex overlays, bezels

badhemi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I'd share something I've been trying to figure out since I finally got the overlays to work, which is how to get the authentic Vectrex look on all the games and I think I finally got it this time. Last time I suggested using a combination of shaders which didn't really do the trick, this time I found a new option. Here's a pic of how one (all) of my Vectrex games look now:

RetroArch_20170318_130255.png.199405f6fb2d55bdaa236d61ad09885b.png

To get that look I first changed my video driver from gl to vulkan then went into shaders/shaders_slang/crt/vector-glow.slangp. That shader seesms to be made exactly for these types of games. There's also another shader called vector-glow-alt-render which I've been using on mostly all MAME games. Here's another example:

RetroArch_20170318_133041.png.43e7ca40891e35dab8a72954f28162d6.png

Try them out and see for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Please close this thread as I have solved the problem.  the solution is to 1st go into retro arch make sure that all of the overlays or working, then go into rocket launcher under the settings that control the emulator there is an edit function going to romps settings and individually configure each game to search for the configure file that is for each overlay.   

• 2 months later...

Archived