Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Special artwork

ninja2bceen

this is looking great potts!

artwork A1 doesn't matter to me anymore since I changed it up. take a look at the screenshot, you'll see why :D

I modified artwork B1 ini a bit to get it to look right for me. Thanks for including your ini, it helped. I turned off fade in the ini so it looked less busy. I also moved the art over so the select joystick was off the screen since it looked too busy with all that going on. Is there anyway to make the letter jump a little smaller? take a look at my screen shot. the letter jump joystick is a tad to big if I want it all to fit in the border. The joystick may be a good size but the letters I'd like to fit in the grey border.

I'd love to get a working set of

1. the buttons only and then

2. a set of the buttons with letter jump since you cant letter jump on the main menu. It may look better with the joystick jump on the left of the buttons. Curiosity is poking

3. a set of the buttons with select joystick movement only (no select system text) since that would be main menus and the joystick would sit where the letter jump is for the other set). It may look better with the joystick on the left

Also to account for the fade, maybe let the letters display fully before switching once the letter jump part has gone through the letters twice? Having the buttons change mid letter feels weird. The buttons don't look as clear as the original but its worth the trade off for me so far! Maybe the buttons got smaller? I wonder what it would look like if you took off the select system text on the other joystick? Great work, is there a possibility to get all this?

[special Art B]

default=false

active=true

x = 280

y = 735

in = .4

out = .4

length = 5

delay = .1

type =none

start =none

post-16017-0-15099600-1464752424_thumb.png

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey you are needier than my kids [emoji38]!

The artwork will always lose quality when converted to swf - it's a compromise.

Working with pre-existing swf is always a mish mash and I wasn't happy with the two fonts either. This mockup was only for testing purposes...,animation etc takes time so getting it right first before redoing artwork. I have much better buttons to work with so the quality will naturally improve.

Ask yourself-do you really need all 3 sets of buttons? I have a full sized cab and use Xbox too....but would never use ps controls.

Reducing that joystick by another 30-40% will make it very small and possibly it won't be very effective at that size.

I use ps buttons and arcade stick. Is there a way to reduce the letters on the letter jump and leave the joystick in its current size?

Displaying all three buttons covers all basis if possible but I'll mostly use ps and arcade. You will have the person ask I just want one of the buttons or two of the buttons so doing those combinations now may be better than later since you are in there

In general the thing functioned as expected and learning from it, I think you should remove select system text. Also I'm thinking that the joysticks should be in the same location and we need one to display for main menu and one for game menu since the main menu doesn't support letter jump. I'm thinking the joysticks may look better on the right of the buttons due to the letter jump letter spacing that it takes. Then when you enter the main menu, instead of seeing The letter jump there you see the joystick moving up,down in the same location

It's looking great, keep it up

I use ps buttons and arcade stick. Is there a way to reduce the letters on the letter jump and leave the joystick in its current size?

Displaying all three buttons covers all basis if possible but I'll mostly use ps and arcade. You will have the person ask I just want one of the buttons or two of the buttons so doing those combinations now may be better than later since you are in there

In general the thing functioned as expected and learning from it, I think you should remove select system text. Also I'm thinking that the joysticks should be in the same location and we need one to display for main menu and one for game menu since the main menu doesn't support letter jump. I'm thinking the joysticks may look better on the right of the buttons due to the letter jump letter spacing that it takes. Then when you enter the main menu, instead of seeing The letter jump there you see the joystick moving up,down in the same location

It's looking great, keep it up

Are you suggesting:

Main menu only joy up and down

And select and back button?

System menu both joy up/dn and L/R

And select/back/genre/favs?

I think all joys need some sort of label.

I think browse is better than cycle.

Ok, I've played quite a bit today. I've sussed out the best way to do the multiple controllers. Simply make each one B1,B2,B3 etc.

I intend to replace PS buttons as they are lower quality. This is starting to show potential.

let me know your thoughts.

will test tonight. Found another thread that may help

Batching .PNGs into .SWFs

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/index.php?/topic/5693-Batching-%2EPNGs-into-%2ESWFs&share_tid=5693&share_fid=23677&share_type=t

No probs. totally on top of this now. Done it all.

Arcade/ps/Xbox for main and system. Have a look at what I posted its a spoiler alert for what I'll post tomorrow. If there's anything wrong with them I'll sort it later.

super sexy potts!

For the main menu, some folks will love it as it is. Could I ask you to add the arcade buttons that I sent ya too with joystick browse up/down? Also could you shrink the specialb1 down so it fits in my grey bar? I have a custom special A across my set up that displays clock and system info. Adding the arcade control and browse joystick fitted down for me makes this perrrrfect!

For the game menu, looks amazing! Can you make a set with the arcade controls too? This is perfect for the gamepad though. Same thing goes with the sizing at least for me. Does the quality change much if you shrink it down just a tad?

post-16017-0-07464900-1464849626_thumb.png

I sent you main a1 and a system a1. The problem is my a1 has all the system info, clock in it and I don't think I could just add a thicker boarder without touch like 90 png files

Simple file replace! Would take 5 mins maximum

Archived